PDA

View Full Version : Pergesu is a very bad person!

jeffraider
07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Not really, but he is a shitty person to have sitting to your right! I noticed his nick from a hand history he posted today, and we played a $22 together. Man, now I know how everyone else feels! I felt like I couldn't breath the entire time. I even spite called him with AJo out of my BB when he pushed from the SB. He had K2o but the board made a wheel and we split.

Man, I just wanted to say that you play really good! Just ruthless. He left my blind alone for one orbit after the spite call but I made the mistake of saying bwahahaha ship it holla afterwards and my blind was never safe again. I ended up bubbling after a couple of hits including Pergesu's T2o smashing my puny 44 when I had a short stack. Hope you won, man! gg.

Nick B.
07-11-2005, 11:38 PM
Spite call with AJo from a pushing sb? I thought that was a normal call.

flyingmoose
07-11-2005, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The blinds would have to be pretty big for this to be normal on the bubble, IMO.

Then again, if it's a twoplustwoer on my right and a bad player on his right, I'm more inclined to call with a hand like that (maybe a weaker one) because of the EV from all my future walks if I win and bust him.

jeffraider
07-11-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not for me. AJo is my minimum hand for a spite call there, and I'd probably be very tempted to fold AQs in a normal game without a 2+2er to my right. Lemme find the HH with stack sizes and get it converted.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Nah, I blew a 2-1 chip lead. Ran into AQ, then my 99 lost vs A4, couldn't win 60/40s, then ran into queens.

I keep the chat turned off, I find it distracting. Think I might be losing some info because of that. Had I known you were 2+2...well, I woulda pushed more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for playin well, I'm still stuck a lot this month. Hope things turn around.

Stay off my tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jeffraider
07-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

CO (t825)
Button (t780)
SB (t940)
Hero (t700)
UTG (t3120)
MP (t1635)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif. Folded to SB who pushes and I call.

Flop: (t150) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>

Turn: (t150) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>

River: (t150) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>

Final Pot: t150

Nick B.
07-11-2005, 11:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Not for me. AJo is my minimum hand for a spite call there, and I'd probably be very tempted to fold AQs in a normal game without a 2+2er to my right. Lemme find the HH with stack sizes and get it converted.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jeffraider
07-11-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, I blew a 2-1 chip lead. Ran into AQ, then my 99 lost vs A4, couldn't win 60/40s, then ran into queens.

I keep the chat turned off, I find it distracting. Think I might be losing some info because of that. Had I known you were 2+2...well, I woulda pushed more /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As for playin well, I'm still stuck a lot this month. Hope things turn around.

Stay off my tables /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, what did you have on this hand? I was thinking you could have done it with any two.

#Game No : 2349371028
***** Hand History for Game 2349371028 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:13857343 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Monday, July 11, 23:21:03 EDT 2005
Table Table 14436 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: bens75000 ( $650 )
Seat 3: JWTbum ( $2040 )
Seat 5: Bubbles1911 ( $1550 )
Seat 4: pattywack85 ( $3760 )
Trny:13857343 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bubbles1911 [ 6h 4d ]
Bubbles1911 folds.
bens75000 folds.
JWTbum raises [650].
&gt;You have options at Table 15139 Table!.
pattywack85 is all-In [3460]
JWTbum folds.
pattywack85 does not show cards.
pattywack85 wins 4560 chips
Game #2349375149 starts.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 11:50 PM
fwiw, it's a mega call vs my pushing range. But my push is also good vs your call range...we both play poker goot /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pergesu
07-11-2005, 11:51 PM
Runnin to dinner, so I can't really talk about any of this. Quick look at hh shows A4o. I can discuss it a bit when I come back if you're interested. Without looking at any of the hand, there's a good chance I'd push any two /images/graemlins/grin.gif

lastchance
07-11-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
In that spot, I agree, this is a standard call. But there's often spots where you fold AK all day long on the bubble, because 6k chips is not worth twice, or anything close as much as 3k chips.

jeffraider
07-11-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT says this is a losing call with AJo if he pushes 44+, A7s+, A9o+, KJs+. For the same range, AQs is winning call, but I wouldn't assign a normal opponent such a loose range with so many chips under his belt, and it's a breakeven call against a tight range of 66+, ATs+, AJo+. I'd probably call anyways, but like I said, I'd be tempted to fold.

Nick B.
07-11-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT says this is a losing call with AJo if he pushes 44+, A7s+, A9o+, KJs+. For the same range, AQs is winning call, but I wouldn't assign a normal opponent such a loose range with so many chips under his belt, and it's a breakeven call against a tight range of 66+, ATs+, AJo+. Mind the gap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am going to have to disagree with SNGPT then. I don't think ICM takes into account the number of chips you gain by having a bigger stack. A sb pushes a lot, and if you are folding AJo, I think that is wrong.

lastchance
07-11-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT says this is a losing call with AJo if he pushes 44+, A7s+, A9o+, KJs+. For the same range, AQs is winning call, but I wouldn't assign a normal opponent such a loose range with so many chips under his belt, and it's a breakeven call against a tight range of 66+, ATs+, AJo+. Mind the gap!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am going to have to disagree with SNGPT then. I don't think ICM takes into account the number of chips you gain by having a bigger stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have any clue what ICM does? Of course ICM accounts for the number of chips you gain by having a bigger stack.

But again, 6k chips is not worth twice as much as 3k chips, and sometimes, it's not close.

jeffraider
07-12-2005, 12:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I am going to have to disagree with SNGPT then. I don't think ICM takes into account the number of chips you gain by having a bigger stack. A sb pushes a lot, and if you are folding AJo, I think that is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick B.
07-12-2005, 12:07 AM
"
Do you have any clue what ICM does? Of course ICM accounts for the number of chips you gain by having a bigger stack.

But again, 6k chips is not worth twice as much as 3k chips, and sometimes, it's not close. "

I was talking about gaining through blind stealing, since it is easier to do with a bigger stack. People F with you less when you have 3k than they do when you have 1k.

lastchance
07-12-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with him, but for a different reason. No sane person pushes just 44+, A7+, KJ from the SB here. If you are, there's no way that you should be. My range goes from any 2 against a fellow 2+2er to 40% of hands against most people to 22+, A2+, KT against the most maniacal of opponents. True, there's a lot of people that aren't sane, but most of them can and will push any ace here, which is correct, by far.

ilya
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SNGPT says this is a losing call with AJo if he pushes 44+, A7s+, A9o+, KJs+. For the same range, AQs is winning call, but I wouldn't assign a normal opponent such a loose range with so many chips under his belt, and it's a breakeven call against a tight range of 66+, ATs+, AJo+. I'd probably call anyways, but like I said, I'd be tempted to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, but if he's a 2+2er he's pushing, like, 22+, A2+, K4+, Q8+, etc, etc...

A spite call would be something like A7o.

adanthar
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just say that if I had an inkling that you'd even consider folding, say, AT or A9s there (AJ wouldn't be close), you would never get a walk from me again.

lastchance
07-12-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"

But again, 6k chips is not worth twice as much as 3k chips, and sometimes, it's not close. "

I was talking about gaining through blind stealing, since it is easier to do with a bigger stack. People F with you less when you have 3k than they do when you have 1k.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah.. The "any 2" spots with that come up when you can bully others around. Well, personally, I think that's worth a lot less than people think it is, and especially when you're playing the $22's.

Nick B.
07-12-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Ah.. The "any 2" spots with that come up when you can bully others around. Well, personally, I think that's worth a lot less than people think it is, and especially when you're playing the $22's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am just talking about non bubble play. I know I am more likely to come over the top of somebody's raise who I have covered. Therefore I think bigger stacks get more respect. I know ICM doesn't cover that.

pergesu
07-12-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not my range. Like at all. I'm pusin like 1093782649182376 times as many hands as that.

pergesu
07-12-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey, what did you have on this hand? I was thinking you could have done it with any two.

#Game No : 2349371028
***** Hand History for Game 2349371028 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:13857343 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Monday, July 11, 23:21:03 EDT 2005
Table Table 14436 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 2: bens75000 ( $650 )
Seat 3: JWTbum ( $2040 )
Seat 5: Bubbles1911 ( $1550 )
Seat 4: pattywack85 ( $3760 )
Trny:13857343 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Bubbles1911 [ 6h 4d ]
Bubbles1911 folds.
bens75000 folds.
JWTbum raises [650].
&gt;You have options at Table 15139 Table!.
pattywack85 is all-In [3460]
JWTbum folds.
pattywack85 does not show cards.
pattywack85 wins 4560 chips
Game #2349375149 starts

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, I had A4o, but I was doing that with any two for sure. When he made that raise, I seriously laughed and said "ship it" before shoving. I figured if he's not a complete moron, he won't risk busting, and even if he does call I'm probably a 3-1 dog at worst, and I'm in decent shape still.

So yeah, that was definitely an any two on my part. Just happened to have a decent hand.