PDA

View Full Version : Hand from home game tonight

wtfsvi
07-11-2005, 11:11 PM
5-handed. Hero is UTG with 33, villain is button. Ca. $.5-$1 blinds, hero has about $90 and villain has him covered (by a lot).

Button is extremely loose and quite aggressive preflop (but with tiny raises), and extremely loose and quite passive postflop. And I don't think he ever makes postflop raises bigger than min-raises. After he min-raises the turn it's pretty much set in stone that he has at least a ten. (I suppose he could be blinded by his pocket aces, but I'm 90% that he has at least a ten when I see it.) Villain is absolutely not capable of min-raising turn with the intention of checking the river behind for a cheap showdown. (And I'm not hero.)

Hero limps, MP limps, button raises to $3 (he will do this with any two cards ten or higher (except probably JT most of the time), any pair 7's or higher, probably with A7+, and sometimes with totally stupid [censored] like K5o. SB folds, BB folds, hero calls, MP folds.

Flop (about $8): 10, 7, 3 rainbow.
SB checks, hero bets $4, button min-raises to $8, SB folds, hero calls.

Turn (about $20): 10, completing rainbow
Hero bets $8, button raises to $16, hero calls.

River (about $52): Q
Hero...?

(I know hero should either bet more or check raise on turn (preferably check raise most of the time against unsofisticated villain), but assume we got to the river the way we did.

TheWorstPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:14 PM
Am I retarded? WTF is Hero's hand?

wtfsvi
07-11-2005, 11:17 PM
Ouch. I'm the retarded one. Edited it in. 33.

TheWorstPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ouch. I'm the retarded one. Edited it in. 33.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh good. I hope he lost, cause I just lost a 3 buyin pot with a set to TPTK when they runner runnered me. I don't want to be the only loser tonight.

On a more serious note, I say Hero c/r a-i. This dude won't check the river and he will be way PC'ed. If he has QT...misery loves company.

jkkkk
07-11-2005, 11:22 PM
If i'm reasonably sure villain will bet this river, I check-push.

Alex/Mugaaz
07-11-2005, 11:44 PM
I hate the flop, and really hate the river.

Why are you slowplaying? The villian is willing to give you action, he raises you on the flop and on the turn. You have a good hand, you want to get the money in the middle. There is no reason to play this slow. The call on the turn was really bad, you could of easily gotten a lot more money in here and force him into a crying call on the river.

wtfsvi
07-12-2005, 06:45 AM
Damn, this is an uninteresting hand. Apologies for posting it. It was 5 in the morning, and I wasn't thinking clear. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif River is an easy check raise all-in.

Hero checks, villain bets $20, hero calls. Villain shows KT.

wtfsvi
07-12-2005, 06:51 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />

Why are you slowplaying? The villian is willing to give you action, he raises you on the flop and on the turn. You have a good hand, you want to get the money in the middle. There is no reason to play this slow. The call on the turn was really bad, you could of easily gotten a lot more money in here and force him into a crying call on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not hero.

I think he played the flop fine though. And how could you hate the river before you knew the action?

(He should have check-raised the turn, I know.)

fuzzbox
07-12-2005, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not hero.

I think he played the flop fine though. And how could you hate the river before you knew the action?

(He should have check-raised the turn, I know.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Leading turn is ok - but he should play back when he is raised.