PDA

View Full Version : Wimpy TT

AngelicPenguin
07-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Villain was loose and passive with nothing particularly noticeable except that he had not raised any hands yet (over 30+)

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, Button folds, BB folds.

At this point, I'm figuring him for a K since he's so passive, but I figure he could also have a Q, flush draw, or maybe JT. This is really a raise or fold right? I wimp out thinking maybe I'll get a non-heart turn...and....do.....oh who knows...

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Well that card sucks...i call b/c i think two cards of the same number are pretty.

River: (7.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero folds.

I can't imagine I beat anything here, but my turn call makes little sense I think with my river fold. I fold b/c I realize my turn call was dumb.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

Ya, I rock...how would real players play it?

Kumubou
07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I fold this on the flop. Four players and two overs to your PP probably means that your PP is no g00t, especially when you have a passive player betting into the pre-flop raiser. You have a BDFD (~1.5 outs), two Ts (2), and a one-gap BDSD (~.5-1). At best, you have 4 outs getting 9:1 odds -- not enough money in the pot to press on. Throw in another bet or two and with implied odds you would just have enough to peel.

The turn card isn't terrible -- it gives you a one-card flush of some strength. So if you runner-runner his ass you are probably taking it, so once you get here you must see the river.

-K

Dave G.
07-11-2005, 11:16 PM
Like the above poster, I'm folding the flop. There's a good chance you're beaten here and you don't have many ways of improving.

Why are you hoping for a non /images/graemlins/heart.gif turn? You have a /images/graemlins/heart.gif that stands a good chance of being the highest /images/graemlins/heart.gif in this small field. Heads up, you probably have the only /images/graemlins/heart.gif. This was a good turn card for you. Definitely call the turn and try for your flush.

Fold on the river is fine.

lionhorse
07-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Yeah that's pretty weak - you're better off raising or folding, I'd lean toward a raise on the flop seeing as you've raised preflop.

Dave G.
07-12-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's pretty weak - you're better off raising or folding, I'd lean toward a raise on the flop seeing as you've raised preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I agree if you're going to continue with this hand you should raise, the fact that we raised PF is not a valid reason for raising on the flop. Preflop and postflop play are not linked in any way.

Jaran
07-12-2005, 01:46 AM
I think you can prolly fold the flop. I'll give you 2 full outs for the tens, and one out each for the two bd draws (the flushdraw is only to the 3rd nut and the bdsd could easily end up as a split). Getting 9.5:1 is just short of what you need, so I guess with implied odds, you could call. Personally, I would fold the flop.

-Jaran

SoftcoreRevolt
07-12-2005, 02:00 AM
I call the flop and the turn when our BDFD improves. I'd MUCH rather the King and Queen be hearts here, or be closing the action so we can see who's hanging around (since heads up our flush wins pretty much everytime, multi way it is a lot less strong.)

Eeegah
07-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Third pair with a marginal, one-card backdoor flush draw? Fold the flop, punch a wall. Same thing happened to me today with TT vs AK6 board.

Calling the turn is marginal at best. Sure you have 2 tens and 9 hearts to improve, but that flush's chances of winning are hardly 100% (especially multiway) and a set could lose to an already-made flush. Additionally, you're not closing the action. You're getting 6:1 to call at best...I suppose it's worth a shot, but if it's raised behind you get out.

Dave G.
07-12-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Calling the turn is marginal at best. Sure you have 2 tens and 9 hearts to improve, but that flush's chances of winning are hardly 100% (especially multiway)

[/ QUOTE ]

We're heads up on the turn. If we make our flush, we will win a very high percentage of the time. It can't be raised behind us, because... there's noone behind us.

The turn is a very, very easy call.

TomBrooks
07-12-2005, 02:17 AM
Fold the flop. Want to see why?

Board: 6h Ks Qh
equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)
Hand 1: 16.36 % [ 00.16 00.00 ] { TsTh }
Hand 2: 83.63 % [ 00.84 00.00 ] { Qd8c }

Hmm, wait a minute. Hero is getting 9:1 to call the flop. Do you only need 11% equity to make this a good call?

Call the turn.

Eeegah
07-12-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Calling the turn is marginal at best. Sure you have 2 tens and 9 hearts to improve, but that flush's chances of winning are hardly 100% (especially multiway)

[/ QUOTE ]

We're heads up on the turn. If we make our flush, we will win a very high percentage of the time. It can't be raised behind us, because... there's noone behind us.

The turn is a very, very easy call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap I can't read; sorry about that.

Tom, we aren't closing the action here either, so 9.5:1 is a high estimate.