PDA

View Full Version : Is this bubble push idiotic?

TStokes
07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I am pretty sure this is a standard push but was wondering if maybe I should be folding and waiting for a better spot sometime before the BB hits me next.

Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 4: phkit (1490)
Seat 5: adavis10 (1677)
Seat 6: rigbyreardon (3715)
Seat 10: HERO (1118)
Garo_Master posts small blind (150)
phkit posts big blind (300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ 3c, 4c ]
adavis10 folds.
rigbyreardon folds.
HERO is all-In.
phkit calls (818)

YourFoxyGrandma
07-11-2005, 10:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is this bubble push idiotic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. More like good. Push any 2 here.

cha59
07-11-2005, 10:02 PM
Eastbay's tool says it +1.4% to push this against a very loose caller.

The thing is, if you don't push here, you're down to 968 and the second smallest stack is up to 1640.

You have enough chips to maybe get him to fold at this point. If you wait, you're going to have to get very lucky later.

If he calls, your odds of sucking out are not terrible against any non-pair hand that doesnt contain a 3 or a 4.

I'd push here.

eastbay
07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
You should be quite happy you were given the opportunity to be first in here. Take it.

eastbay

TStokes
07-11-2005, 10:05 PM
alright thanks I was pretty sure it was an any two situation I just wanted to make sure

Superfluous Man
07-11-2005, 10:07 PM
I also struggle with this situation occasionally. A big part of me says "you have two cards, push" and then another part says "you have 4 high." I'm ashamed to say I fold here a bit too often, but that's because I've already been push-stealing a lot earlier, I've gotten caught stealing once or twice, or I see that the guy is willing to call off his entire stack with something like Jx because, hey, why not?

But at least your cards are probably live and the guy is basically putting his entire sng on the line with a call, so he'll only call with the premier hands. So the push here is good. Sorry you ran into one of the big ones.

Pokerprowannabe
07-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Personally I'd wait for a decent high card before pushing when the bottom 3 stacks are so close. Yeah the blinds are going to get you soon, but the same goes for the others and right here I'd like to see someone else make the move. I may be a little tight but small suited connectors don't win many pots when they get called.

tminus
07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
i disagree
he hasnt given us enough information to make the decision
we know nothing about game level, blinds, or players here

TStokes
07-11-2005, 10:15 PM
the blinds are in there if you cant find them they are 150/300

cha59
07-11-2005, 10:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Personally I'd wait for a decent high card before pushing when the bottom 3 stacks are so close. Yeah the blinds are going to get you soon, but the same goes for the others and right here I'd like to see someone else make the move. I may be a little tight but small suited connectors don't win many pots when they get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have played tight like that for a while and I am beginning to think it was the biggest leak in my game.

The stacks aren't that close if he folds that hand - he's about 700 behind the next shortest stack.

You keep waiting and you usually end up having to push something not much better than 3 4 when you won't have nearly enogh chips to induce a fold by the other player.

Also if you wait and you do double up later you still might be the short stack because the blinds ate your chips.

cha59
07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Looks like a Party 33 or less

tminus
07-11-2005, 10:54 PM
whoop sorry,
ok...unless they're super loose Im pusing

Pokerprowannabe
07-12-2005, 04:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You keep waiting and you usually end up having to push something not much better than 3 4 when you won't have nearly enogh chips to induce a fold by the other player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point here

The Stick
07-12-2005, 05:18 AM
You've (probably) got two live, suited cards, which is ideal for the situation. And connected to boot. If he calls, he calls. It's the same to you either way... a fold you pick up a blind, a call and you're probably on the small end of a 60-40 shot at 2nd place in chips. Versus AKo, you're 40.3 to 59.7. Take the gamble here and you'll be playing for the big payout for 1st in a few orbits.

It's a better situation for you than if you fold, then hand after next find yourself UTG w A3o and have to go all in against all three guys, only to find one calls you with A8... you'd be on the bad end of 34-66 there. He's got a nice stack and you should be eyeing it hungrily when you have the opportunity. Being first to act out of the SB is rare enough, might as well apply pressure while you can.

tigerite
07-12-2005, 05:28 AM
Standard.

Pete H
07-12-2005, 06:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In this situation you'll be the first one blinded out (if everyone waits), so you'll have to act.

If you fold next orbit you'll have ~500 chips, no FE and doubling up won't help much.

Pushing with any two in this spot is probably the best thing I've learned so far reading this forum.