PDA

View Full Version : AJo, top pair, big pot, etc

damaniac
07-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Converter screwed up, but here's a hand I had in a big pot against a LAG, a TAG, and a LP. 3/6 6-max, but a multiway pot.

PFR is a TAG of the 28/22 variety, so he's raising a decent range UTG (maybe 66-AA, ATo, A8s, KTo, KTs, JTs, something like that), 3-bettor is a major LAG, has been 3-betting and capping very often, although I don't recall that I say any of his hands at showdown. Cold-caller is very very loose and very passive, which should be quite obvious.

UTG raises, MP folds, CO (LAG) 3-bets, LP CC's on the button, SB folds, I call in the BB with AJo, BB calls.

4 to the flop for 12 sb's. Flop is AK9, AK are spades (I have none).

I check, UTG bets, LAG raises, Button cold-calls, I 3-bet, UTG caps, LAG calls, Button cold-calls again.

4 to the turn for 14 BB's.

Turn is a 7o, I check, everyone checks. Maybe UTG was pumping a flush draw, but the LAG?

River is a 9o, I bet, all call.

Ok? Maybe bet the turn hoping TAG raises to knock the others out, but really, if the TAG is capping the flop and then raising a turn bet, I'm never ahead am I?

mr pink
07-11-2005, 09:38 PM
your preflop call sucks.

i think you're screwed no matter what you do here. if i'd have called there preflop, i would have just gone into c/c c/c c/c mode to a showdown while hoping to spike a jack. your line looks like a spew to me.

SmileyEH
07-11-2005, 10:09 PM
I think I'd like to cap this preflop and keep my foot on the gas until faced with heavy resistance.

-SmileyEH

damaniac
07-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Did you read my player descriptions? AJo compares favorably with UTG's range of hands, and I'd say both CO and Button have wider ranges than he does.

In any event, you may have a point preflop, but to go into call down mode on the flop because the TAG bet (a number of worse aces, any spades probably, maybe a K too), the LAG raised (not even going to try) and the LP called (ditto) is kind of ridiculous IMO.

mr pink
07-11-2005, 10:23 PM
my bad, didn't even realize it was 6max.

brettbrettr
07-11-2005, 10:36 PM
IMO you played this hand terribly.

Pre-flop should be a fold. Flop should be a fold.

brettbrettr
07-11-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you read my player descriptions? AJo compares favorably with UTG's range of hands, and I'd say both CO and Button have wider ranges than he does.

In any event, you may have a point preflop, but to go into call down mode on the flop because the TAG bet (a number of worse aces, any spades probably, maybe a K too), the LAG raised (not even going to try) and the LP called (ditto) is kind of ridiculous IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is *quite* a parlay.

brettbrettr
07-11-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
my bad, didn't even realize it was 6max.

[/ QUOTE ]

woops, me either. My bad.