PDA

View Full Version : I left the Borgata to go to the Taj Saturday night

poker327
07-11-2005, 09:02 PM
The 10/20 action and the room in general was so slow that I left to play in the Taj. I thought I never would ever say that. (Of the four 10/20 games going, two were in the high limit room, which almost never happens on a Sat. night). The game at the Taj was better, but I was running very bad.

Maulik
07-11-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 10/20 action and the room in general was so slow that I left to play in the Taj. I thought I never would ever say that. (Of the four 10/20 games going, two were in the high limit room, which almost never happens on a Sat. night). The game at the Taj was better, but I was running very bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

this past Saturday night was a slow night at Taj as well. they couldn't keep tables full, even the low limit 1/2s.

Mike Gallo
07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Solution, play internet poker. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I have found the games becoming increasingly worse in the Atlantic City card rooms.

I think once the WSOP wraps up, and the WPT and the USPC start up in September, AC will have a lot of action.

Bremen
07-11-2005, 09:44 PM
In my limited experience I'd say the Borg 10 game is tighter than at the Taj. Leaving to find a better game is only common sense.

Jeffage
07-11-2005, 09:47 PM
The 20, 40 and 80 games were all very good at Borgata on Friday and Saturday. The room was quiet though...I think a combination of the WSOP and nice weather outside. At least the waits weren't bad.

Jeff

Mike Gallo
07-11-2005, 09:49 PM
In my limited experience I'd say the Borg 10 game is tighter than at the Taj. Leaving to find a better game is only common sense.

No way. The Borgata games used to feature loose passive players, compared to the Taj that had tight passive players.

The games all depend on the night. A serious player would check out all the cardrooms and play in the best game possible according to the player's bankroll and strengths.

You guys should learn more games so you can sit at hold em stud or omaha. Lately the Taj has spread an extremely soft 10-20 half kill to 15-30 stud 8 omaha 8.

TomBrooks
07-12-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A serious player would check out all the cardrooms and play in the best game possible according to the player's bankroll and strengths.

[/ QUOTE ]
How does one do that without it taking an excessive amount of time? Do you just watch each game from the rail for 10 minutes or so?

Mike Gallo
07-12-2005, 08:18 PM
Tom,

How does one do that without it taking an excessive amount of time?

It breaks down like this. I got to the Taj one Sunday night around 11:00 pm. A friend of mine had visited me from out of town. We hit the poker room around midnight. The Taj had 1 20 game going and 2 10 games going, one a must move with 7 seats filled and only 5 players.

My friend plays no limit so I went to sit with him. We got called for the same game and we passed. Nobody had more then $50 on the table. Max buy in is $300.

We did not play there. We took a trip to the Trop, I found a good $6-$12 game. He sat in a good $1-$2 game. I eventually moved to his good $1-$2 game.

Sometimes the travel pays for itself.

Do you just watch each game from the rail for 10 minutes or so?

Yes. I usually can spot a good game. Poster Avid also has an eye for a good game. Keep in mind that I have the benefit of seeing the same core of players day in and day out. In all seriousness I consider any game that AC local Tiger123 sits in a bad game. He has a habit of talking to the point that the decent players leave and the bad players play better.

I look for the games that have a lot of laughing a lot of liquor and a lot of loot on the table.

The rest will take care of itself.