PDA

View Full Version : Funny single table tournament story

cferejohn
02-15-2003, 05:28 AM
This happened in a single table limit tournament in party poker. 5 players left. The blinds are at 100-200, I have 410 left, and I'm UTG. I look at 89o, decide that's slightly better than two random cards and who knows, I *might* steal the blinds (although one of them was a pretty big stack, so I was pretty sure she'd call me down), so I raise it (would you do this with 89o? It seems right on the border.

Anyway, BB calls. Flop comes something like AK5. Great. I check, opponent checks(?). Next card comes some kind of rag. I check, opponent checks(???). Next card comes a J, I check, opponent bets. I decide there is no way I am good here, and fold, just for the "what if" possibility with my stack of 10.

Next hand, I am BB and go all in. AKo (argh! why didn't I wait?). Preflop raiser, SB folds, A comes on flop and holds up. Now I have 30. And it goes all in as the SB. QJs (clubs). It makes the flush on the river, and I now have 90. Next hand (on the button) KAs, so I go all in again, and win again. From here on out I never look back. I come all the way back to win the table, from being down to my last 10 chips. I'm thinking of framing the hand summary /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Jimbo
02-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Well done, however when I am the BB in that situation I put the raiser all in to avoid just such a scenario.

scalf
02-15-2003, 10:53 PM
/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif chip and a chair man...ever hear of treetop???,,lol..gl /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

PokerBabe(aka)
02-16-2003, 01:34 AM
Congrats on the win Chris. Last time I was in a tournament, I went all in with AA. My opponent called with 10,10 and flopped quads /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Now THAT was funny. LGPG, Babe /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

hillbilly
02-17-2003, 06:34 PM
hi babe, this afternoon's tourney...we're down to five with three getting paid...i have KK and shrewdly get in all in preflop against 66... final board?...872 4 5....now THAT was freaking hilarious, heh. why do we torture ourselves?