PDA

View Full Version : Gabe

MicroBob
07-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Hey everyone - I can't be bothered to try to find the old thread from a few months ago...but some of you might remember some guy named Gabe who was interested in 'challenging' anyone here at the 10/20 game at the Tunica horseshoe.
It was a long thread and I belive it was his contention that internet-poker players suck or that the cards there aren't right or something.

If anyone can dig up the link that would be dandy.

Anyway - I eventually declined the invitation and never met him.

I'm playing 15/30 at the Bellagio the other night and guess who recognizes me?? (via my pic on my blog).
I think we were talking about Memphis or Tunica on my side of the table and he asks me my name and I tell him it's Bob and he tells me that he was the guy who was going to meet me at the 10/20 game and that his name is Gabe.

I found it to be the strangest coincidence...and stranger still that he actually was able to recognize me.

Anyway - as far as the challenge goes....there wasn't much of one.
He ran into a couple of tough beats and eventually busted out...whereas I had AA and KK 2x each in my first 45 minutes there (seriously) and was up $800 or so VERY quickly.
Hardly conclusive.

He seemed like a nice guy. Said he was from north Alabama (I asked if he was from Memphis also).
We didn't chat too much...he was on the other side of the table and there wouldn't have been much point since we had done enough chatting on here I think.
I try not to bug players when they are taking tough beats anyway.

SwordFish
07-14-2005, 06:28 AM
Here is the original thread Bob:

stockman (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2367030&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1)

He hasn't posted since then.

SF

o0mr_bill0o
07-14-2005, 10:38 AM
ha, i remember that thread. funny funny stuff.