PDA

View Full Version : An example of playing a calling station

Go_Blue88
07-11-2005, 08:01 PM
I was hoping to get a better example of this when I was playing, but this is the best one that I got. Both opponents were jackass calling stations, and so I played my AA strongly. I know it's an extreme example, but I just wanted to show how awesome it is to have a calling station in your game. Rather than slow down, I think that it's many times good to keep betting big. Anyways, time to go to a concert...

Hero~130
BB~210
UTG ~75

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) NL 100 converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero is SB with Ad As, UTG limps, all fold to hero who raises 4, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop:[/b] J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero bets 8, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Hero bets 15, BB folds, UTG calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Hero bets 30, UTG calls.

Final Pot:

Hero=AA
UTG=56s

sourbeaver
07-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Playing strongly means underbetting the pot on all streets ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Against calling stations with a drawing board ? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

edit: okay I should add a little something. I lead for 10-12 on the flop, pot turn, value river if you feel you'll lose the station to a pot bet.

Little Fishy
07-11-2005, 08:06 PM
flop: hero bets 3/4 pot

turn: hero bets 2/3 pot

river: hero bets 3/5 pot

this is playing strongly against calling stations??

Go_Blue88
07-11-2005, 11:58 PM
ya i think i screwed up what i actually bet...the converter didnt work and i guessed. anyways i dont know what i was thinking when i posted this earlier...meh dont respond to it; it's pretty useless.