PDA

View Full Version : 50-100 KK preflop and flop play

tomahawk
07-11-2005, 07:57 PM
6-handed

folded to CO who raises. Ok aggressive player who could raise with a pretty wide range here. Weak small blind threebets. Dunno much, but hes pretty shortstacked (7-8 bets)and Im guessing trying to win it quick.

I'm in the BB with KK and decide to just call the threebet and checkraise any flop to get the good player out there. Is this thinking flawed, or is it a good variation?

quadT
07-11-2005, 09:33 PM
not a bad variation depending on what your table image is at the time. but if we're looking 3handed on the flop, i like to extract as much as a can out of that 3rd guy who is going to fold on the flop...i'd cap.

flawless_victory
07-11-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
checkraise any flop to get the good player out there. Is this thinking flawed, or is it a good variation?

[/ QUOTE ]first, im not sure how plan to checkraise? i really dont understand why the hell you want this guy out??? you have KK. what is he gonna do, punch you? i think the call is good if CO is extremely aggro and will be capping alot, or if you believe he will go insane with AJ on a J high flop when he wouldnt have simply called down had you not slowplayed.
BTW/ mostly i would just cap that shizzz.

tomahawk
07-11-2005, 09:54 PM
my bad. I mean just raise of course.

slavic
07-11-2005, 10:06 PM
From the position of a decent CO raiser, A cold call from the BB scares me more than a 4 bet. I don't like either one, and I'm done with most of my hands on the flop, and if you get action you won't want it.

gonores
07-11-2005, 10:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
From the position of a decent CO raiser, A cold call from the BB scares me more than a 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly disagree.

Klepton
07-11-2005, 11:43 PM
in the party game, people cap with 66/AJo here

calling for deception is worthless, cap pf, bet-3bet flop, bet turn, bet river, win, yay.

ike
07-12-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you have KK. what is he gonna do, punch you?

[/ QUOTE ]
hilarious. also a very good point. just cap and lead you have frickin KK.

ggbman
07-12-2005, 02:38 AM
I think you miss out on WAAYY too much value not capping PF here.

slavic
07-12-2005, 04:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From the position of a decent CO raiser, A cold call from the BB scares me more than a 4 bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one who plays with tricky over thinking Korean's?

tomahawk
07-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Well sometimes you do things on the pokertable just because of something that has happened in recent memory. This was one of these times, as I had just cold capped KK from the blinds last round, and everybody folded when I bet a 8 high flop.

Really, this should be all the more reason to do it all over again, but I didn't think that far.

But there's one point here that I didn't think about at the time, but I feel is a factor. This is that the "pushout" attempt on the flop will in many cases be perceived as weakness instead of strenght.

Say the CO has AJ and the flop comes J high. Now he has no reason at all to think he's behind when I raise the flop to get him out, and I might be looking at some good action from him aswell as the bad threebettor.

So as for disguinsing your hand I think a ColdCall 3/raise any flop line works pretty well as opposed to a cap/lead which oozes strength. But as a play for "pushing out the CO" as i say in the OP it is pretty much useless and unneccesary, as you guys also point out

I feel it could be useful line against thinking players, but should of course only be used as a variation to throw opponents off.

In the hand the CO folded, and the SB called me down on a JTxxx board and MHWG.