PDA

View Full Version : 5-10 online hand: pot of 332 bucks.

Tyler Durden
02-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Loose aggressive game.

I'm on the button with J /forums/images/icons/club.gif T /forums/images/icons/heart.gif. These players limp in: UTG, UTG+1, EP, MP One, MP Two. The next two players fold. I limp in also, the SB completes. The BB raises and we all call. 8 players in for 2 SB each.

Flop comes J /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/spade.gif T /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif. SB checks, BB (PFR) bets. UTG calls, UTG+1 raises. UTG+2 folds, MP One 3-bets, MP Two folds. I cap it, the SB folds. BB calls, UTG folds, rest call. 17 SBs put in on the flop for a total of 33 small bets in the pot. Four players see the turn.

Turn is 4 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif.

BB and UTG+1 check. MP One bets and I raise. They all call.
24.5 big bets in the pot now.

River is J /forums/images/icons/heart.gif.

BB and UTG+1 check. MP One bets and I call. BB raises. UTG +1 folds. MP One calls. I 3-bet. They both call. 33.5 big bets in the pot.

Comments on all streets please.

JTG51
02-15-2003, 03:09 AM
It's hard for me to imagine you won this hand. I can't put BB on anything but AA. You guys convinced him on the flop that someone had a straight, so he want passive until he filled up on the river.

I don't understand your river action. You've been jamming all the way with what was likely the second or third best hand. Then you fill up on the river and just call MP's bet, but 3-bet when BB check raises? Were you still convinced you had the best hand but were looking for an overcall from the BB?

PokerPrince
02-15-2003, 04:02 AM
Ya the river action is really strange. To filled up and simply call the MP's bet, then do a "call-raise" when BB checkraises. Motive?

PokerPrince

Ed Miller
02-15-2003, 04:03 AM
I think you put in a lot of extra bets with a second best hand here.

PokerPrince
02-15-2003, 06:56 AM
I'de like to ask what others think here. Would it be horribly incorrect to fold on the flop here when it comes to you at three bets?

PokerPrince

Homer
02-15-2003, 08:56 AM
I would have cursed god and folded on the flop.

BB raised after practically everyone limped to him. With most straightforward players that means AA (whereas with a better player it might mean big suited cards as well). If he has AA you are drawing nearly dead (runner runner J,J or T,T). In addition, UTG+1 and MP could easily have AT or AJ, destroying at least two of your four outs.

If I was going to continue with the hand, I would coldcall the three bet and take it from there. If you don't catch an out on the turn and the action is heavy, then fold. If you do catch an out on the turn and the action is still heavy, I would still consider folding (this is why I would just fold on the flop....so I don't have to punch myself for folding the winner on the turn).

Hope you won the pot.

-- Homer

p.s. - Where am I when these crazy games are going on??

Tyler Durden
02-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Anyone want to guess what the two main opponents had?

Ulysses
02-15-2003, 01:12 PM
It's hard for me to imagine you won this hand. I can't put BB on anything but AA

In a loose-aggressive game, it's hard to for me to imagine he lost this hand based on the river play. I can't put BB on AA when he just calls the 3-bet. Then again, maybe the call/3-bet just screamed JJ at him. Still, I don't see AA or AJ slowing down on the river in a game like this.

I don't understand your river action.

Me neither.

Ulysses
02-15-2003, 01:16 PM
BB - TT.

MP - Confusing. I wonder if this is a tricky guy who would limp in with A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif or AK. Probably not in a loose-aggressive game. I'll say either AT or A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif x /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif .

Clarkmeister
02-15-2003, 01:35 PM
I think Tyler won.

When he 3 bets the river, there is no way in Hades that AA isn't taking it to 4. He may have lost to AJ, but certainly not to AA. MP one should have 3 bet the turn if he had a straight, so no dice there either.

I'll give MP AT, maybe AK or AQ, but probabaly not, and BB QJs or KJs, with the small chance of AJ.

Jim Easton
02-18-2003, 01:13 PM

Tyler Durden
02-18-2003, 01:30 PM
BB had pocket tens. The other guy took the pot with AJs.

I came in second, played it horribly.