PDA

View Full Version : HU Leak?

kam
07-11-2005, 07:28 PM
I have been getting far too many 2nd place finishes lately. I think it is because my style below three handed is hyperagro and when it gets HU i am pushing on the sb with marginal holdings when the blinds are still fairly small.

I've attached 2 of my most recent hu finishes so maybe you guys can take a look if ya feel like it. Not much hu action in the first one but i felt i should include anyway.
Oh they are 20+2 and my screenname is "gonnaslapuho". Dont have much of a read on my opponents.

SnG1 (http://www.vanguardofmorell.com/images/stuff/Sng1.txt)
SnG2 (http://www.vanguardofmorell.com/images/stuff/Sng2.txt)

I like going agro becuse i come across alot of weak-tight HU players at this level, but I guees i need to tone it down a bit till i have a good read.

citanul
07-11-2005, 07:39 PM
without seeing the hand histories, you should consider making non push raises when your stack is deeper relative to the small blind. the player who is weak tight will still fold up to your raises, but you will be able to get away from your bad hands when they play back at you. pushing on a deep stack heads up makes the "weak tight" strategy of sitting back and waiting for a big hand more and more right the deeper the stacks are.

citanul

tigerite
07-11-2005, 07:43 PM
SNG1 you are getting called 100% of the time, just let it go. SNG2 was fine until the stacks became around 4k each, then you should probably have switched to smaller raises. When you or your opponent is <3k and it's 150/300 it's fine to push. Note he sucked out on you with QTo against your Ax and without that you win that HU.

XXXNoahXXX
07-11-2005, 07:51 PM
The only hand that I'm not crazy about is when you were a 2:1 chipleader and pushed all-in from the SB with K7os, but then again I've done same with worse hands. I'm basically just looking for holes that aren't really there, not too bad, just no luck. With things like K& maybe just raise, don't push, that way if they push all-in you can save some money and lay it down, because you won't be PC to call an additional 1800 chips.

tigerite
07-11-2005, 07:54 PM
I usually push over the top with most hands that I will push with anyway if someone min-raises me or whatever. I would push the K6o in Game 2347705914 for instance.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 08:09 PM
The first HU hand in SNG1 is absolutly terrible. You are getting called about 100% of the time with a crappy hand. Either call and push the flop, or better yet fold and push the next hand.

In SNG 2, the 97 push is pretty bad. This guy doesn't seem particularly weak and your stack is too big to be pushing here.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually push over the top with most hands that I will push with anyway if someone min-raises me or whatever. I would push the K6o in Game 2347705914 for instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a bad strategy. Your FE is significantly weakened after he's already put chips in the pot, so your over the top range should be quite a bit tighter.

johnnybeef
07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
without seeing the hand histories, you should consider making non push raises when your stack is deeper relative to the small blind. the player who is weak tight will still fold up to your raises, but you will be able to get away from your bad hands when they play back at you. pushing on a deep stack heads up makes the "weak tight" strategy of sitting back and waiting for a big hand more and more right the deeper the stacks are.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

do you find it profitable to raise any two from the button like this?

citanul
07-11-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
do you find it profitable to raise any two from the button like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on the opponent? if the stacks are actually decently deep, adjusting to your opponent actually is a reasonable thing to do.

citanul