PDA

View Full Version : My PT stats (first 10k hands) - some questions and thoughts

punter11235
07-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Hello !

I didnt see any posts with PT stats posted so I think it can be interesting for many low limit players (even more so as I am winning player there). I am not afraid of someone using my stats against me but feel free to try it /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok , to begin with I am 200NL player. Ive been playing these stakes for almost 2months and have some problems with adapting from 100NL. 200NL is first level when Ive met some good players and some inteligent aggressors. I got PT on 22th on July and I have logged all hand histories into it since then.
I am going to post some stats of mine and then discuss most interesting of these, ask some questions and give some thoughts. Any comments, answers, critiques, thoughts from you are very appreciated.
Ok, lets start:

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/3236/forpost8qh.jpg

a) VPIP
I think Ive tightened up recently. Ive noticed that the tighter I play the better the results. When I started at 200NL I played any suited connectors from any position for example, now I think that tight is the way to go. Do you think that 20.57 VPIP is good for SSNL ?

b) Preflop raise
I was rated as "passive" by autorules from www.bet-the-pot.com (http://www.bet-the-pot.com) but I really dont agree with it. I raise many hands and almost always raise when first to enter the pot. I think that 5.5 is just about optimal or even little too aggro, what do you think ?

c) Went to SD and Won$ at SD
This is little worrying. Ive been winning below 1/2 of showdowns and go to it pretty often. Maybe that's because I often bluff the river and I am not afraid of calling big bets when I think they are bluffs... still its seems as field for improvment, what do you think ?

d) Aggresion factor
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/6645/forpost23po.jpg
Oh, well I am ultra aggressor, I like to seed some panic in opponents minds /images/graemlins/smile.gif My aggression factor is about 3.00 its probably because I dont like calling in nolimit holdem and I dont use the option very often.

e) Winrate and std deviation
12.5PTBB/100 looks like decent winrate to have... but my std deviation is 43BB/100 it seems to be quite big.. do you think I am just of happy side of variance ? or this std deviation is standard for NL ?

Ok thats it. I hope for some interesting comments /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best wishes !

teamdonkey
07-11-2005, 07:35 PM
a) within reason, VPIP is just an expression of your style. 20 is considerably higher than mine but i'm a tighty.
b) the autorate features i believe are set mainly to classify the majority of players (read: fish). 5% PFR is fairly optimal i think.
c) no opinion
d) no opinion
e) winrate is obviously great, although at 10k hands it isn't exactly set in stone. My SD is much lower (around 37.5BB/100), but that should be expected i think with your relatively high VPIP and agression factor.

iceman5
07-11-2005, 07:36 PM
I dont think one can argue much with what your doing if you can sustain that win rate. Vey nice!

The WSD does look low, but like I said, win rate is the number one stat to look at.