PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You

PokerMike
07-11-2005, 06:10 PM
I wasn't sure where to post this, but i thought this place is appropriate since its taught me the most.

I've just hit 100k and wanted to show my appreciation for these forums(a la Peter_rus' 100k post (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1239263&page=&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=all&vc=1)). I played my first hand of holdem at the beginning of last June. It was 5c/10c and i had no idea where it would lead. I somehow found 2+2, devoured everything i could about starting out and decided to put $50 on the line, if i lost that $50 i'd never play again. So slowly i played and moved up in limits as my skill and bankroll grew, all the while getting priceless lessons from all the superb posters on these forums. I'm at 30/60 right now and doing great, and its quite a shock to look back and realise i was a broke uni student just over a year ago.

So to all the people that offer their advice asking for nothing in return, i can't describe how much i appreciate it. You all know who you are.

- Mike

Alobar
07-11-2005, 06:47 PM
I consider myself pretty much personally responsible for most of your growth as a player. So I found your post quite touching. You are welcome, and im glad I could help /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PokerMike
07-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Hey you're joking but you do contribute a lot. I'm still trying to forget that damn tatoo from your posts thats burned itself into my memory, good times!

Alobar
07-11-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey you're joking but you do contribute a lot. I'm still trying to forget that damn tatoo from your posts thats burned itself into my memory, good times!

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, dont remind me. That was some serious ownage Mantasm handed me by making me use that thing. I even had people PM me thinking that was really my tattoo, heh.

obsidian
07-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Wow man, very nice. I just started a few months ago and it would be nice to be in your shoes when I finish my degree in this upcoming year.

Danenania
07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Congrats.

Man it's bad enough that all these frequent posters are crushing the games. But the lurkers too? Sheesh! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Surfbullet
07-11-2005, 07:17 PM
'grats Mike!

I hope to keep moving up - hearing about stuff like this makes me wish I spent more time playing poker instead of video games this past year! Good luck at 30/60 and beyond /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Surf

PokerMike
07-11-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure why i never really started posting. Everytime i started to write a response i'd doubt myself and defer to the more experienced posters. After beating the 10, 15 and 30 games i guess i should have a little more confidence heh.

MAxx
07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why i never really started posting. Everytime i started to write a response i'd doubt myself and defer to the more experienced posters. After beating the 10, 15 and 30 games i guess i should have a little more confidence heh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buddy, speak up more often if you can pass on some wisdom.

Lmn55d
07-11-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buddy, speak up more often if you can pass on some wisdom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially in this forum and in replies to my posts /images/graemlins/wink.gif