PDA

View Full Version : Getting raised on the flop with top pair/good kicker.

flytrap
07-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I seem to be running into problems in these situations. I play the 50+5NL at party. I'll have a hand like Kt in the bb, the flop will be 23T, I'll bet, someone will raise, I'll go all in, and they'll show me a set every time. It seems when they min raise, it's more likely they have a set. Should I be dumping top pair more often in these situations, or am I just being paranoid? Keep in mind it's the 50+5, where the average player skill is higher.

lastchance
07-11-2005, 05:50 PM
I think, Bet/Folding is a lot better than bet/reraising here...

I also think check-raising would work here as well, of course you have to fold to the overpush.

tminus
07-11-2005, 05:52 PM
the odds of flopping a set havent changed
but still, why are you gambling so much on TPTK ?

11t
07-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I think c/ring here is putting too much money in the pot with a weak hand.

Bet/fold baby.

microbet
07-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Early on, when my stack is big compared to the pot, I'm certainly willing to fold top pair.

If you had, say, top-pair, an overcard, a flush draw and a decent chance they will fold, it would be a different story.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I seem to be running into problems in these situations. I play the 50+5NL at party. I'll have a hand like Kt in the bb, the flop will be 23T, I'll bet, someone will raise, I'll go all in, and they'll show me a set every time. It seems when they min raise, it's more likely they have a set. Should I be dumping top pair more often in these situations, or am I just being paranoid? Keep in mind it's the 50+5, where the average player skill is higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I actually have a question.

Obviously when you get called you are losing pretty much everytime. But how often do they fold?