PDA

View Full Version : My first 'hand' post... don't hold back, I can take it!

ChipWrecked
02-14-2003, 11:31 PM
4/8 half-kill B&M. Pretty loose game, mostly callers but I've seen a couple of capped family pots pre-flop also. Hadn't seen a checkraise in the four hours I've been sitting, I've given up trying because I've given free cards twice. (My first time at this room, nice lady to my right whispers to me: "You won't get a checkraise at this table") I'm in CO with black 44. Four limpers to me, I limp, button (maniac, has burned through a rack in twenty minutes) raises and all call, six to flop.

Flop: 4/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif A /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 7 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

Checked to me, I bet, button calls, MP player calls, three see the turn.

Turn: 7 /forums/images/icons/heart.gif

MP checks, I bet, button raises, MP folds, I re-raise, button re-raises! Now I'm worried but I had him on Ao, could he have AA? I call.

River: 2 /forums/images/icons/club.gif

I check, button bets, I call with a sick feeling; if this guy wasn't such a nutcase I'd have folded to his re-raise on the turn. He shows AA and takes it down.

Gave him a "nice hand" and left, it was time to be going anyway and I saw no point in playing any longer on tilt.

Whaddaya think?

bernie
02-14-2003, 11:44 PM
not bad...but when he caps the turn, you can figure youre in trouble...he may also have A7.

it sounds like it was passive post flop...so when they get active, especially 4 betting the turn on a paired board,,be wary...

also...you may want to watch out if the lady next to you knows youve been going for c/r enough that she mentions it to you....chances are, the rest of the table may already be clued in as well...

b

b

Jim Easton
02-14-2003, 11:50 PM
I think you played it just fine.

if this guy wasn't such a nutcase I'd have folded to his re-raise on the turn

I think you'd have to have an exceptional read on a person to fold a fullhouse heads-up.

I saw no point in playing any longer on tilt.

Good thinking, but you shouldn't let getting set-overed put you on tilt. You started way behind and fell further behind on the flop. It's a bummer, but not a bad beat.

Mike Gallo
02-15-2003, 02:09 AM
I think you played the hand fine.

On the end you have to call with a full house in case he did only have AK or AQ.

Bob T.
02-15-2003, 04:36 AM
Sometimes what seems like a good flop isn't. I think you played it fine, including calling at the end. I've seen people overplay AK just like your opponent played his AA here. Since you suspected that he was a maniac, you need to call him down. The upside of being a maniac, is that when you do make a hand, you are usually paid well for it.

ChipWrecked
02-15-2003, 01:09 PM
if the lady next to you knows youve been going for c/r enough that she mentions it to you....chances are, the rest of the table may already be clued in as well...

Good point, thanks. The story is that everybody knew each other at this table, and the lady is moving away next week so had nothing to lose. She was giving me tips on the players, including herself ("I play any ace"). I'd won a pot with K /forums/images/icons/club.gif J /forums/images/icons/club.gif from the SB, tried to checkraise when I flopped trips kings, checked around. Beat slowplayer's K9o. I mentioned it to her, that's when she said that. I'd also told her it was impossible to raise anyone out at this table. She said, "There are three players here who will call you all the way with nothing, can you pick them out?" I knew two, the third turned out to be the maniac who had just sat down at that point. It was a really enjoyable session, even though I left down a rack.

AceHigh
02-15-2003, 03:21 PM
You have to call thru the river, your opponent could have just trip 7's.