PDA

View Full Version : foold this AA on river,kinda big pot

Noodles
07-11-2005, 04:23 PM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)
no real reads but havent seen this guy do anything over agressive converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
i \was thinking of raising here to see what hed do but if he reraised,i dint think i woulda laid it down so i waited for the river,i was going to raise the river

River: (9.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.
yuk i really though my hand hadnt a chance here

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

obsidian
07-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Call this and hope he shows you 94o or a missed flush draw.

Noodles
07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
yea i was thinking of 94, this guy wouldnt go bananas with a flush draw,not cr ing a pfr and then capping

Alobar
07-11-2005, 04:35 PM
The Jack on the river makes me more likely to call, not less.

1) its less likely now he was one

2) Its possible he was on a draw (there were several out there) and this river card is a good card to bluff for him.

3) you counterfieted a wierdish BB 2 pair hand

4) the pot is over 10BB so you dont have to be right very often

also, if he isnt over aggresive then his capping the flop with just a Jack doesnt fit his read, so the river doesnt suddenly turn a call into a fold, IMO

Noodles
07-11-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, if he isnt over aggresive then his capping the flop with just a Jack doesnt fit his read, so the river doesnt suddenly turn a call into a fold, IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but i put him on 2 pair on the flop, he wouldnt cap a j,

so if a J didnt hit river you would have folded,(as opposite to your j hits river reasoning)?

manpower
07-12-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea but i put him on 2 pair on the flop, he wouldnt cap a j,

so if a J didnt hit river you would have folded,(as opposite to your j hits river reasoning)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd expect he's still calling. He's just making the point that the river jack probably doesn't improve your opponents hand as often as many people think. This is one of those hands you usually just have to call and expect to lose unless you've got a real strong read.

Jgents
07-12-2005, 01:36 AM
I don't like it. Without a read, you have to call this with aces with this board. C/c all the way if you are unsure as to where you stand. Look at the pot size.