PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About Vince

10-06-2001, 08:26 PM
I promised Vincenzo that I would write this post when I found out about his forum. It's been too long, as I've been too busy writing software, and juggling stocks in my margin acount in an admittedly Quixotic quest to stay ahead of the market (but I'm not so far behind as many). So, without further adieu, from his "best poker buddy on the planet", The Truth About Vince.

I could write about his swelled ego and lofty pride, which results in long, belligerent tirades which extend long after the proverbial horse has died from the beating. I could mention one of my nicknames for him, "Captain Tilt", which is well earned. I could say that next to the word "stuck" in the poker dictionary there should be a picture of Vince, with the caption: "Vince Lepore, losing $800 in a 20-40 game, has not moved from his chair in seventeen and a half hours. It's as though he is 'stuck' to it. I could go on about specific plays at the hold'em table, like when he limps behind me with a pair of tens, raises the flop when I bet into K-x-x, checks behind me on the turn, than pays of my K-3 when I bet the river. Yes, I could write about all those things and many more, but I won't.

What I will say is that Vince Lepore is an honest, caring, sensitive, compassionate man who is always there (if rarely on time /images/smile.gif for his friends and especially his family. It is my fortunate pleasure to know him. I count him as one of the few great friends I have ever had, poker or otherwise.

Congratulations on your forum Vince, keep up the good work, and I'll see you at Foxwoods this Friday.

dangerous dan

10-06-2001, 09:33 PM
i like that great post how about a vince girl story...gl

10-06-2001, 10:16 PM
dangerous dan,

I guess you're saying Vince is a nice guy, and if he's been stuck for quite a few hours, should I sit on his left at the Hold'em table?

Good Luck

Mark

10-07-2001, 10:14 PM
"if he's been stuck for quite a few hours, should I sit on his left at the Hold'em table? "

If I'm not on tilt and I have been stuck for quite a few hours you quite honestly would be smart to avoid playing against me. It is when I am at my best and when I am at my best no one is better.

vince

10-08-2001, 02:27 PM
Dangerous Dan,

So, how many more nicknames do you have for Vince?

Actually, since I've never met you, I was beginning to think that "Dangerous Dan" was Vince's alter ego. See, I've been at Foxwoods a couple of times when Vince said you were there. He said he'd introduce me to you, but you could never be found. I remembered the movie Harvey and imagined "Dangerous Dan" standing right alongside Vince, but no one else could see him. Well, glad you do, indeed, exist, and my regards to you and anyone else you happen to run into.

John

10-08-2001, 03:35 PM
The thing about Vince is that he is truely one of the best all around people I know, poker or otherwise. Many times I have sat behind Vince while I'm waiting for John to give it up. Never once has he said "Go away little girl." I've seen Vince put on some pretty amazing moves, I'm impressed by his level of play. I wouldn't want to play against him on a "tilt" day, never mind a right on day.

I love you Vince!

Mary

10-09-2001, 08:40 PM
John,

Dangerous Dan is real. Vince introduced me to him at the Orleans Open in 2000.

10-10-2001, 09:54 AM
So. Dangerous Dan. IF that IS your real name. So Vince is the Tiltmaster. I think you have it wrong. YOU are the tiltmaster. You and your rambling post about what a hotheaded stuck psychopathic insane criminal genius Vince is. Oh wait, insane criminal genius, that's me, sorry. YOU are the tiltmaster however, you and your crazy "observations" about our Beloved Vince. Everything about you and your post screams out "diabolical madman". Oh, wait, I just read the end of it. Perhaps I am actually the diabolical madman after all. Oh yea, that's right! Well, keep up the good work!

Dave in Cali