PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started In SNG Land...

ChewyMint
07-11-2005, 12:43 PM
I haven't played online SNG's seriously for quite some time, althought I have played about 150 $30-200 SNG's in the past year or so with good results. I am looking to play the $100+9 SNG's on Party and its skins, and I am wondering what I should deposit to be safe. I know it is a preference issue, but I would like to never have to redeposit.

Is 50 Buy-Ins appropriate? I would like to leave myself enough of my bankroll in cash to play live locally, but not at the expense of a high comfort level online.

Any opinions/thoughts?

ChewyMint

citanul
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
it is my thoughts and opinions that you should read the FAQ that is [censored] STICKIED TO THE TOP OF THE FORUM CLOWN. or maybe you could run a search for one of the most often discussed things of all time.

in other news, 50 buyins is pretty safe. i have no idea how that effects your live cash bankroll, since i have no idea what your total bankroll is. i don't see how it is that we were supposed to know that from your "original" post.

citanul

edit: i'm also locking this thread now. this is going to be my standard thing to do when i see something like this. if people object, they're free to pm me.

elonkra
07-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Look through the SNG FAQ at the top of the page until you find the word "bankroll."

Good luck.

brimstone1
07-11-2005, 12:53 PM
I believe 50x buyins is the point of very, very low risk of ruin.
If you don't want to, 30x also does the job.