PDA

View Full Version : PP25NL TPTK, for you Supern

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:14 AM
MP3 PT stats for 33 hands have him 42/24; I'm multi-tabling so that's all I really have.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG+2 ($24.75)
MP1 ($47.75)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($23.9)</font>
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($21.14)</font>
CO ($38.27)
Button ($24.7)
SB ($21.6)
BB ($23.02)
UTG ($31.05)
UTG+1 ($15.76)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $2.

Flop: ($6.60) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, MP3 raises to $18.14 (All-In), Hero...?

Supern
07-11-2005, 11:19 AM
/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Finally!!

Thanks man.
Will be interesting to read about this one.

TheWorstPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Fold. Didn't you read my rules? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I read your rules, I love your rules, I'm posting your rules on my monitor.

And now that you know this, SEE IF YOU CAN GUESS what I did in this particular case, and what happened.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

EDIT: To be serious, the guy had been overplaying, so I thought there was a teensy bit of room for debate on this one. Maybe not much....

Ghazban
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
Generally, I think if you're calling the preflop reraise, you're saying you're willing to put it all in if you pair on the flop. If you don't want to play for stacks on a K-high flop, don't call the preflop reraise.

Having reads is nice, too. How many tables are you playing? I've been playing 4 for the past week and a half or so and, except for the first couple of oribts, I feel like I've got at least some sort of read beyond PT stats on all 4 tables. The read isn't as good as when I'm only playing 1 or 2 tables, but its a step up from PT stats.

Ghazban
07-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Clearly, you called, he had AA, and you failed to hit your running diamonds or trip kings.

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly, you called, he had AA, and you failed to hit your running diamonds or trip kings.

[/ QUOTE ]
The fact that it wasn't that hard to guess doesn't change the fact that I am not ever playing against you. Ever.

TheWorstPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
If he'd been overplaying hands, I would c/c flop, c/r turn a-i here. Leading into him just makes him play better. He'll fold a worse hand and push a better one. I'd rather keep him on lead.

djoyce003
07-11-2005, 11:28 AM
He's a maniac. I don't think you can give him credit for AA here. I think you are ahead here. He reraised so he doesn't have K9 or something screwy like that. 99 is a possibility but I doubt it. I think KQ or AK is more likely. Personally I really want to fold here, but then I remember this is party 25 and KQ, QQ, JJ, two diamonds, are all as likely as AA...taken collectively they are far more likely so I call.

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:33 AM
I 3-table, and it's true that I do get some better sense of players beyond PT. But I also post these hands the next morning, so I mostly forget the qualitatives. If memory serves, this guy just seemed on the loose, fishy side. But it really wasn't that many hands.

My thought was that, with his preflop raise, he either had a mid/high PP or, given the flop all-in, flopped a nice draw. I was willing to take probability away from AA and KK given that I had one of each, and while he could have hit a set of 9s, I thought chances were good enough that he was going nuts with QQ/JJ/TT or a strong draw that it was worth a call.

After the fact, I think calling was a bad choice, but I was worried I was being too results-oriented.

Until I read TWP's TP post, that is....

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If he'd been overplaying hands, I would c/c flop, c/r turn a-i here. Leading into him just makes him play better. He'll fold a worse hand and push a better one. I'd rather keep him on lead.

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this a lot. I auto-lead hands like this; I should be thinking about c/c and c/r lines more.

How big a flop bet do you call? Not an all-in, right? Up to pot size?

TheWorstPlayer
07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I like this a lot. I auto-lead hands like this; I should be thinking about c/c and c/r lines more.

How big a flop bet do you call? Not an all-in, right? Up to pot size?

[/ QUOTE ]
If he's been overplaying hands, I'm fine with calling all-in with these stacks.

Ghazban
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
From the PT numbers alone, a hand like QQ/JJ/TT or another AK is not unlikely. However, I think you can rule out a big draw because you have the A of diamonds and the K is on the board. For him to be on a big draw, he'd have to be reraising something like QJs or worse preflop and that seems unlikely (I could be wrong-- do people repop SCs or medium suited broadways in these games?).

As far as posting hands the following day when you've forgotten the reads at the time, you're not the only one who does that. I actually PMed another player a while back who I knew to think pretty deeply about the game asking why his posts never had reads and he gave the same response (i.e. waiting until later to post causes specific reads to be forgotten).

kongo_totte
07-11-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What rules?

PinkSteel
07-11-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]