PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy

bighomage
07-11-2005, 11:02 AM
I have a $1000 to put in the stock market and Best Buy has always intrigued me. Unfortunately, I didn't have the money to buy any until its recent upclimb, but I'd still like to buy it. It is at an all time high, which is scary, but I think it has potential to keep expanding for quite a few years ahead. What does everyone think about this stock?

Sniper
07-11-2005, 11:50 AM
First off, with only $1K to invest (which would buy about 14 shares of BBY) you would probably be better served by sticking it into a mutual/index fund and making monthly additions until you accumulated additional funds.

Second, if you were truly dead set on BBY, you might consider looking into a DRIP/Direct Stock purchase plan thru Equiserve; which will allow you to make periodic purchases of fractional shares.

meow_meow
07-11-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm got a small holding in BBY. I'm seriously considering selling pretty soon.
The good news seems to be priced in now and any kind of set back would wallop the shares.

alekhine8
07-11-2005, 09:39 PM
The DRIP through Equiserve.com is kind of expensive to participate in ($18 setup, $5 per additional purchase and fees to reinvest dividends).

You could always consider purchasing BBY through Sharebuilder.com for $4.00 per purchase and reinvest dividends for free.

As for the stock itself, its probably a good long-term (5+ years) investment. However, I could definitely see them pulling back from $70+ a share if they ever struggle for a quarter or two.

Sniper
07-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Sharebuilder also has fees, but is another good choice for building a small portfolio.

lozen
07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Buy Dynergy DYN on NYSE

bighomage
07-14-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Buy Dynergy DYN on NYSE

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

lozen
07-18-2005, 12:00 AM
Oil $60 a barrrel Dynergy was caught in the Enron mess Just starting to be profitable. If i had to soak all my money in one stock in the Us this would be the one. It actually is the only one i hold now as most of my cash is in Income Trusts.

Best Buy is a dog avoid Retail