PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who can't load the Party upgrades?

PrincipalSkinner
07-11-2005, 10:30 AM
OK, so I go to log in, I get the popup that says "you are running an older version--click here to upgrade". So I click there and absolutely nothing happens. So I delete the software and start again from scratch--everything looks good, everything seems to be loading properly, I'm all set--when it takes me to the login place I again get the popup that says I am running an older version, click here to install newer, I click, nothing happens, the cycle continues.

Does anybody else have a clue about what to do besides trying to seek "help" from (cringe) Party? Thank you, /images/graemlins/confused.gif

PrincipalSkinner
07-11-2005, 11:45 AM
bump

Freudian
07-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Could it be your firewall blocking it? I suspect you don't download through the same ports as the program uses when you play.

Morningside
07-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Having same problem. First time anything like this has happened.

Strange, when I connect my laptop to the same ethernet cable, it works. Must be a firewall issue...but I haven't solved it yet.

Petomane
07-11-2005, 02:22 PM
same thing here & I dont have firewalls

lucktard
07-11-2005, 02:53 PM
Empire's update downloaded and installed fine but then he Party update didn't install for me after it downloaded, so I may have been having a different problem from you. By "start from scratch", did you mean you downloaded the client from partypoker.com? Because it installed for me after downloading from there. I also closed Empire before installing party but had it opened for the first try so maybe you can't have any other skins opened? If you did already try to install from partypoker.com then you could try restarting your computer if you haven't yet.

DBowling
07-11-2005, 06:32 PM
i am having the same problem on eurobet, the update worked fine on party though. firewalls are off, still nothing. uninstall/reinstall euro, still nothing.

PrincipalSkinner
07-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I was finally successful in getting Empire to work:
1. Delete all traces of Empire that I can find on my computer.
2. Restart computer.
3. Download from empirepoker.com with no other programs running/windows open.
4. Log in successfully.

As we speak, I am downloading Eurobet the same way--assume success, but don't know for sure.

Only thing I did different was restart between deletion and new download. Thanks to guy(s) above who suggested this.

I tried downloading with my firewall off this morning, and it didn't help.

10 houras later and the fokkers at Party haven't answered my email for assistance.

So the key for me at least is restarting as noted above. Thanks to all.