PDA

View Full Version : Showing down K-high

PokerBob
07-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Villain here is completely insane. he is 95/45/2 and berating the table. We are in a war of words, which has made him even more insane. He is firing in chips like crazy. In an earlier hand, I called him down with K-high and it was good vs. his 83o.
Party 5/10 6max
I open UTG with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villain calls in SB. BB calls.

Flop (3 players): 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

villain bets, BB folds, I raise, villain 3-bets, I call.

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villain bets, I call

River: 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

villain bets, I call.

Good board for this call-down given villain's insanity?

MAxx
07-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I think it's a decent call down, but I am also thinking the flop raise was unecessary.

Mig
07-11-2005, 11:15 AM
yeah I think the flop raise was a lot in this case. Maybe if you had AQ instead but with only K high I'd just call him down and raise if I paired. Vs maniacs I call down a lot of marginal holding and cap for value my 2 pairs++ if the board is ok...

freehat
07-11-2005, 11:32 AM
I would call down, but I'm not in love with the flop raise, even crazies get hands too, and i don't think you want to put more than 2.5BBs into the pot.

PokerBob
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a decent call down, but I am also thinking the flop raise was unecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't do a good enough job of describing villain. He BETS and BETS and BETS and BETS and BETS, especially if the flop is ragged like that. IMO I was ahead here, but I see your point.

MAxx
07-11-2005, 11:39 AM
yes... I could vaguely see the raise as for value....as we are dealing with a sick individual... but I think it is uneccessary primarily b/c we already have it heads up... and you do not expect to get him to fold either... basically you are encourageing a pissing contest with Khigh with someone whose MO is pissing.

jquattro
07-11-2005, 11:40 AM
I understand why you raised, but he likely flopped a boat.

Still I'd call down, cause he sucks.

Alobar
07-11-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes... I could vaguely see the raise as for value....as we are dealing with a sick individual... but I think it is uneccessary primarily b/c we already have it heads up... and you do not expect to get him to fold either... basically you are encourageing a pissing contest with Khigh with someone whose MO is pissing.

[/ QUOTE ]

meow_meow
07-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Can't ask for a much better board than that...

Nick C
07-11-2005, 11:48 AM
I notice SB didn't 3-bet preflop. And the flop's not such a bad one for this guy's limping/semi-coldcalling range of starting cards /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Anyway, I think calling the maniac down heads-up with king-high is fine.

One thing I've noticed in my own recent encounters with maniacs is that sometimes it doesn't take too many calldowns of this sort for them to start adjusting their play specifically against me. So that might be something to be on the lookout for, but it sounds like even that isn't such a concern against this guy.

As for the flop raise: I'm not going to argue against it too much, since it might actually be for value (it would be, marginally, against the overcards + gutshot with 64o that I suspect). But I probably wouldn't have made it.