PDA

View Full Version : AA on Flop

NickPoker
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Game: Absolute Poker, Blinds $1/2 with relatively deep stacks. 9-handed.

Hero UG ($435)has AA
Main Villian Late MP ($475)
Button ($76)

Preflop: Hero leads out $7, Villain miniraises to $14, Button Calls, Hero reraises to a total of $70. Villain calls, button folds. Pot$157.

Flop: QQJ 2 diamnonds, hero checks with intention of check raising, Villain pushes all in, which would cost hero $365. Only 2nd orbit of playing with Villain, so no real read,though this game generally plays somewhat weak tight in general. Call or Fold? Should I have led, if so how much?

MoDOH
07-11-2005, 10:25 AM
easy call, You got what you wanted and villains money is in the middle now stick yours in too.

redrooski24
07-11-2005, 01:54 PM
Call, I'll pay off a donkey playing AQ or JJ like that anyday. I think you see KK here 95% of the time, if not more.

sully4321
07-11-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call, I'll pay off a donkey playing AQ or JJ like that anyday. I think you see KK here 95% of the time, if not more.

[/ QUOTE ]

definetely KK

Leptyne
07-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Your check-raise idea looks fine and you got what you were looking for. If villain makes a normal pot-sized bet he knows that if you can call you can raise, which would put you raising all-in, so he pushes instead. He just took away your raise, but you still get your chips in the center like you wanted. So now your calling instead of pushing.

Count your blessings and call.

nopepper
07-11-2005, 02:41 PM
one of the easiest calls i have ever seen..nh

NickPoker
07-11-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
one of the easiest calls i have ever seen..nh

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, that's what I thought too. I put the guy on KK, with an outside chance of AK :diamond, and remote chance of JJ. I was pretty suprised when he turned over KQo. The only thing that makes me think that I should have folded was becasue of the overbet. In my recent experience this has meant monster more times than not.

mythrilfox
07-11-2005, 03:27 PM
I am shocked at all the people who say this is an easy call, and I am not being results oriented in the least. I've seen this play made plenty of times with trips - you have virtually defined your hand beyond any shadow of a doubt to this guy, and he goes ahead and pushes anyway. From a complete unknown, I'd expect to see trips here probably 25% of the time or more.

Whether or not you call is read dependent. There are plenty of players at 1-2 who will make this move. Sure, it would be an easy call at the 25 tables, but as you move up you see this move more and more often.

Preflop you should have brought it in for more to begin with, btw. 3.5xBB is too small from first position.

NickPoker
07-11-2005, 03:43 PM
You can argue I should have raised more to begin with, and if I wasn't given the opportunity to re-raise I would have auto-mucked this overbet. But the way this hand played out I don't think that 25% of the time someone is playing AQ or KQ, and if they are they made a bad call and got lucky to hit the flop. Even if you are right though and they have trips 25% of the time, don't you still call?

arod15
07-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I;d call based on the fact that if villian had qq he would have no reason to go all in. That looks like he wants you out. Maybe not id lean towards calling.

redrooski24
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Even by your 25% estimate of your average villain holding Qx(which I think is way too high), the other 75% of the time he has KK and folding becomes majorly -EV.

Rotating Rabbit
07-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Why do people insist on checking flops after theyve open+reraised oop preflop in a full ring game? Its transparent and just gives villian the option of a free card when hes behind. No villian will bet at the pot without the goods.

redrooski24
07-11-2005, 08:56 PM
I agree that you need to bet the flop, and some villains may take the line of pushing this flop with the Q. I just think the way this played out the villain is trying to blast the hero off his hand way more often than not.

NickPoker
07-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Not sure it makes much of a difference, but it was 6-max. Secondly, what are the goods? Don't you think KK will bet this board, I think so if not he is giving the one hand he maybe beating AK or AKs a free card (unless he has KQ). That is my thinking anyway.

nopepper
07-12-2005, 09:34 AM
whos is the villian in this hand? bob?

gol4pro
07-12-2005, 10:09 AM
It's 160:1 that he flops trip Q's. You don't have to pay off trip K's.

Pay him this one time, and mark him as an idiot. Anybody who will routinely call 35xBB with KQ gladly earns a spot on my fish list.

durrrr
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
you got 1/6 ur stack in preflop... don't fold AA after that (no hand is better than 1/8.5 to outflop you- and you have redraws). Stick it in, if beat, rebuy, proceed to stack the fishie w/ KQo.

btw... sucks that he overbet- makes ya nervous, KK i fold here i think- but personally if i get that much in preflop w/ AA i almost never fold it.

-durrrr

spoohunter
07-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Open push the flop and you are guarenteed to make money. Whatever you do don't screw up post flop a guarenteed profit. No hand is that good at out flopping ace's.