PDA

View Full Version : Best Companies to work for

STLantny
07-11-2005, 09:58 AM
Im starting the half-assed job search. After playing poker for about a year as my sole income, Im somewhat tired of it, and have other business options, but Ive been getting pressure from family etc to get a "real job". I have a cousin that is a higher up at pfizer, was offered a job at a few Colo centers here, but really hvae no idea who is a good company to work for. Im in IT by the way. Post your list of companies that are known for treating their employees well.

1. Anheuser Bush
2. ?
3. ?

bisonbison
07-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Google.

daveymck
07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Oracle as long as you know that they liberally make redundancies in the down cycle.

asofel
07-11-2005, 11:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Google.

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
07-11-2005, 11:37 AM
AB doesn't have the most stellar rep as far as i've known. for straight laced jobs AG Edwards might not be a bad choice. probably avoid Enterprise. probably try to get a job at the Danforth center (across the street from Monsanto on olive).

STLantny
07-11-2005, 11:40 AM
AB pays well, at lower level jobs, and they get free beer etc. My buddy just got a job as a marketing soemthing or other, he gets to travel the country drinking, and talking to bar owners. Astro I gotta get out of this city though, thats why Im asking about all companies.

Quercus
07-11-2005, 11:51 AM
You want a career to move up the ladder, just something for now, or something to coast smoothly into retirement with?

The Goober
07-11-2005, 04:00 PM
microsoft - they've tighten the belt a little bit recently, but they still treat their employees very well.

whiskeytown
07-11-2005, 04:14 PM
banks....

Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and any out of state chain is great - always making money and the stock is always going up...

I work for a financial institution...good money if yer not a teller - LOL

RB