PDA

View Full Version : How often do you suck?

dcasper70
07-11-2005, 08:12 AM
I've been running very well over the last 2 months at the Party 1/2 6-max tables. Over the 40 or so sessions, I've posted only 6 losing sessions with the worst being only 5 BB's.

Well, last night I really donked it up, just an absolutely pathetic session resulting in about a 20BB loss. The loss itself is no big deal, just seemed like everything I did was wrong. Limping when I should have raised, raising when I should have limped, piss poor reads, too many crying calls....You name it, I did it...

I'm considering it a good reality check, but I was wondering how often the rest of you have one of these bouts with stupidity? What types of things do you do to recognize and stop these thnigs from ruining your night?

Just curious

Ironman
07-11-2005, 09:06 AM
In June I played 18 sessions.

6 of those were losses, but I think the key was that when things were running bad, I didn't go on tilt and try to win it back quickly. I stayed patient.

Ended up winning nicely for the month.

Dave

Med_Szd_Wht_Guy
07-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Short cute answer is online I suck frequently, live games, very infrequently. I blame it on not being able to see the other players online, tho I am sure there are many more leaks than that. I personally just think the speed and reading difficulty of the online world makes for a very swingy place where you can go real good or real bad in a hurry.

If you only have one 20BB braindead session every great once in a while, I don't think it is the end of the world. Sometimes you might braindead yourself into a winner, just wouldn't make a habit of it.