PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Trouble

Olback
07-11-2005, 04:10 AM
$33 sng

I am one of 3 shorties. I had not been overly aggresive up to here and figured i needed to steal. Was this a good push?

If not what made it bad? What hands should i have pushed? I would have pushed basically any q, k, ace or pair here

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t2870)
Hero (t925)
BB (t970)
UTG (t2320)
MP (t915)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls t725.

Flop: (t1025) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1025) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1025) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1025

Nottom
07-11-2005, 04:20 AM
This is an insanely easy push.

My push range is somewhere between any 2 and your range plus some good Js and suited connectors depending on the BB.

bmxreed36
07-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Looks OK to me. I agree with any Q, K, A, or pair and maybe even a few others.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh yeah, I push with the quickness there. And I push ANY TWO CARDS baby because it's fun.

I actually wouldn't push any two cards. I'd fold like 43o and that kinda thing, but push 32o cause it's fun to push the worst heads up hand. But according to ICM, you should push 100% of hands regardless of his range.

Probably need to ramp your aggression big time if you're posting this. This is an uber easy push, so it's likely you're not being aggressive enough on the bubble. Bump it up and you probably won't find yourself so short stacked much of the time.

Olback
07-11-2005, 04:25 AM
I try to be aggresive on the bubble, but whenever i seem to steal with crap i get called. lol

So i end up being selectively aggresive.

If anyone has any points on how to steal like crazy and not get caught please let me know.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 04:25 AM
Suck out more when you get called.

Olback
07-11-2005, 04:28 AM
lol. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Do u know were i can get a good luckbox then? My one is crap and always breaks down or near the bubble.

curtains
07-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Ok, this is a clear push with any 2 cards. Folding anything is completely ridiculous against a normal partypoker opponent unless your opponent is insane.

lastchance
07-11-2005, 04:45 AM
I find it hard to fold two cards here, though I might. I like folding a lot more on the bubble than most 2+2ers who play with opponents who fold, but you really need some chips here.

Hands I can/will fold here:
32o
43o
42o
52o
62o
53o

And I think that's pretty much it.

curtains
07-11-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to fold two cards here, though I might. I like folding a lot more on the bubble than most 2+2ers who play with opponents who fold, but you really need some chips here.

Hands I can/will fold here:
32o
43o
42o
52o
62o
53o

And I think that's pretty much it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too tight. You need these chips badly. Your hand doesnt matter as almost no one will have the proper calling range to make this a -EV push with 32o. Do you really think the BB wants to call with K7o and risk elimination? (at the $33s they often don't understand the value of such hands when headsup with higher blinds) If they fold hands like K7o, then it's hugely +EV to push 32o.

btw Im just teasing a little bit as obviosuly you are pushing most hands. However I see no reason to exclude a very small percentage of my hands when they are almost always +ev to push in this spot.

Olback
07-11-2005, 04:56 AM
Well i was called by k,10o and lost /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But i figured pushing almost any 2 was a good idea.

MagnoliasFM
07-11-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I try to be aggresive on the bubble, but whenever i seem to steal with crap i get called. lol

So i end up being selectively aggresive.

If anyone has any points on how to steal like crazy and not get caught please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be selectively aggressive when it comes to spots in which you move in to steal, not cards. Cards don't matter as much after a certain point in the tournament. Pay attention to stack sizes and blinds and you'll be on your way up.

curtains
07-11-2005, 06:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well i was called by k,10o and lost /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But i figured pushing almost any 2 was a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Note that Q9o is not pushing any two. You are technically not even stealing the blinds but actually making a value raise with a hand like that. Of course you'd rather not be called, but your hand is strong enough to raise for value with so much money already in the pot when compared to your stack size.