PDA

View Full Version : 3 Questions from a STT Noob

Derek132260
07-11-2005, 03:14 AM
I've been an on/off poster in the SSHE forum for a little while, and I've been working as a SS semi-pro for a few months, with reasonable amounts of success (enough to pay the bills, but no more). I'd playedsingles before I found 2+2 but have since started playing them more frequently (both to gain some NL tourney experience and also to break up the monotony of the SS day).

Thus far (and I'm only 40 or so tourneys in, which I know is nothing), I am finding the 11's to be fairly lucrative, 4-tabling. Because of this, I'm compelled to ask a couple of questions about getting more serious playing SnG's.

1) Do most players who've done both find there to be more or less variance on SnG's than in 2/4-3/6 limit online?

2) How do the 11's compare to some of the higher limits in terms of quality of players?

3) Is poker prophecy a valuable tool that I should invest in if I want to play seriously?

Scuba Chuck
07-11-2005, 03:25 AM
1) It is said there is less variance. But that's always been said by people in this forum. I do not have enough personal experience.

2) 11s are the easiest games for the rake at Party. I believe there is a segment in the FAQ about this. That being said, I believe that the $22s are the easiest way (time and money) to build a bankroll.

3) Poker Prophecy is an ok app. It is completely unnecessary. Especially at the $11s and $22s. I have it, and I rarely use it now.

Nottom
07-11-2005, 03:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

1) Do most players who've done both find there to be more or less variance on SnG's than in 2/4-3/6 limit online?

2) How do the 11's compare to some of the higher limits in terms of quality of players?

3) Is <a href='http://consumeralertsystem.com/cas/zx-hclick.php?hid=11' target='_blank'>poker</a> prophecy a valuable tool that I should invest in if I want to play seriously?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I switched to SNGs from limit at the beginning of the year. My view is a bit skewed from playing 6-max for the last 6 months before coming to SNG-land, but I would say the varience is definately less in SNGs than ring games for similar returns.

2) Obviously the 11s are the bottom of the barrel so the players are worse. I don't think the 20s are really significantly tougher, after that you will notice an improvement in the average player.

3) Prophecy is moderately useful at best, its certainly not a neccessity especially now that Party is cracking down on 3rd party software (and apparently lumps prophecy in with pokeredge as a "cheating" program)

citanul
07-11-2005, 10:22 AM
i don't know why your post has (badly placed) advertisements put in. i really don't. it seems to have some really noobish, very searchable, possibly in the faq questions in it, and then, well, advertisements. wtf. i'm removing those, and if i see anything like that in the immediate future from your posts, i'm banning you.

citanul