PDA

View Full Version : Define bonus whoring for me?

BWillie
07-11-2005, 02:35 AM
Is it just going around and utilizing different poker sites initial bonuses (ie creating a new poker account at over 20 different poker sites)?

Is it creating multiple accounts in your name to use re-load and other special bonuses?

Is it creating fake accounts with fake names and then dumping the bonus money into your real account?

I'm always lost when people start talking about bonus whoring.

randomstumbl
07-11-2005, 02:59 AM
Bonus whoring is just chasing bonuses by utilizing reload and intitial deposit bonuses. It's a perfectly legitimate thing to do.

Opening multiple accounts with fake names (referred to as gnome accounts) is illegitimate. It's definitly looked down upon. Don't do it and if you do don't talk about it here.

Opening multiple accounts under your name will get taken care of very quickly by whatever site you're at.

There's enough bonuses out there that none of the illegitimate stuff is really worth your time anyway. Just use that time to get better at cards.

Webster
07-11-2005, 07:15 AM
And if I may add. Most players that are BWs are either not that good OR are losing money because they should be playing at higher stakes (I was one of those).

Of course - most poker players are not that good to begin with so . . . . I guess you can strike #1 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif