PDA

View Full Version : Big Pair Stats on Poker Tracker

Jorge10
07-11-2005, 02:17 AM
This is assuming you have created a category for kings, queens and jacks on poker tracker, if you havent go do it already, lol. Anyway how the big pairs treating you guys? From my stats pretty much all the big pairs are in red numbers, the kings by a little, the queens by a little as well, and the jacks are losing machines apparently. It seems that the top set aint so hot in high low, maybe its cause I am running bad and keep getting rivered, but still maybe they arent so great, just would like more data from others to see if big pairs are worth calling raises with? Maybe its a leek, maybe not, just want more data, Thanks

emptyshell
07-11-2005, 02:41 AM
KK is a big winner for me. QQ slightly negative. I don't play JJ hands unless the sidecards are really good.

Sean D
07-11-2005, 10:23 AM
I only track KK and AA since I hardly ever play QQ or JJ unless they have really good sidecards. KK and AA are decent winners for me, around .5 bb/hand, although my sample size is pretty small right now. I just noticed my VPIP for KKxx and AAxx is only 57%. Think it might be a leak not playing them enough?

emptyshell
07-11-2005, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't call it a leak, but I play any KK up to one potsize raise as long as the raiser has a good stack.

Jorge10
07-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Thats pretty much how I handle KK as well ill play them up to one pot size raise as long as there is a good stack to get. Queens and Jacks I keep track of because ill take a cheap flop with queens, and I noticed I kept getting J/J/2/3 or J/J/K/Q a lot so I figured ill keep track of that. I am not a fan of J/J/2/3 however I do like J/J/K/Q a lot and might call a pot size bet with it. I think im playing Jacks and Kings too much because they are both big time in the red, maybe its also cause I keep getting rivered, but they are both big time in the red numbers, queens are a little ahead, lol go figure. I would still like to get more data, because it seems that the only big pair that is profitable is K/K and I hate to admit it, but maybe a hand like K/Q/J/J stinks and should not be played.

Sean D
07-11-2005, 05:47 PM
Well, I guess I am in the wrong place since you all are talking about PLO/8. Obviously these big pairs play better in PL than limit. So maybe my VPIP for them isn't all that bad.