PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't stuff like this scare you?

BWillie
07-11-2005, 01:30 AM
(link to cheat-site deleted/MH)

I don't know if this is bogus or not, I imagine it is, but the scary threat remains. There are tons of things that pop up when you type in cheating and online poker, but most important and more scary is the fact that they are designed to help people cheat.

Can't people use proxy servers and put five people to a table and just totally crush you. I would imagine with the amount of money thrown around in Omaha where four unknown cards can be known, the opportunities for cheating would be hugely profitable, even in hold 'em it is scary to think about someone playing multiple accounts in one room on proxy servers or friends playing together talking on the phone. One could set up a ton of false accounts and utilize money dumping to switch the funds to an account that is cash outtable.

I don't know how party poker operates or how they track you but I think it would be extremely difficult for them to do so. With that said, I'm still winning at about 2.50 BB/100 hands in limit poker, but I only play at .5/1 to 2/4 limits where cheating would maybe be less profitable?

Allinlife
07-11-2005, 01:58 AM
scares me how dumb somepeople can be.

captZEEbo1
07-11-2005, 06:13 AM
For me, it'd more profitable to not cheat, than to cheat and have another person at the table that is good at poker.

BusterStacks
07-11-2005, 06:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
scares me how dumb somepeople can be.

[/ QUOTE ]

K C
07-11-2005, 06:16 AM
This is bogus all right. Trust me if someone could hack Party this way they would be keeping it to themselves /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've heard from someone who actually ordered this product and he was quite disappointed at the fact that no you can't see your opponent's cards /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

KC
kingcobrapoker.com

Baulucky
07-11-2005, 06:35 AM
It's scary that everybody is out to get you.

Hojglad
07-11-2005, 06:36 AM
To ease your mind: NoRulesPoker (http://members.cox.net/mviens/NoRulesPoker.pdf)

SinCityGuy
07-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Out of the goodness of his heart, he has decided to share this for $59.95, instead of keeping it to himself and making millions. http://www.fof-ihof.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_thinking.gif

greygoo
07-11-2005, 10:00 AM
thank you, man, that's gold.

[ QUOTE ]
if you were to fold now, you would be super smart

[/ QUOTE ]
=)

JRussell
07-11-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've heard from someone who actually ordered this product and he was quite disappointed at the fact that no you can't see your opponent's cards

[/ QUOTE ]

So did you, umm...I mean your friend, get a refund?

theblitz
07-11-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so did you, umm...I mean your friend

[/ QUOTE ]
"Doctor, a friend of mine has this small embarrassing problem"

cwes
07-11-2005, 10:51 AM
Gosh, he's smart!

Some brilliant ideas in there.

I assume he took this lesson in writing books (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/01/08/the_bofh_selfhelpless_guide/) .

ds914
07-11-2005, 10:52 AM
Ugh. I can't believe people try to pass off that crap as an actual product.

theblitz
07-11-2005, 11:00 AM
Oh boy - I LOVE that book.

Anyone who uses it is going to be paying a lot of money to the writer!

Can anyone else see the catch or am I the only one not brain dead?

belloc
07-11-2005, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
To ease your mind: NoRulesPoker (http://members.cox.net/mviens/NoRulesPoker.pdf)

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how the last one-third of the book is devoted to a window-by-window explanation of how to do a default install of TightVNC. Oh, the insight.

theblitz
07-11-2005, 11:07 AM
I assume you realise what it is for?

JRussell
07-11-2005, 11:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"Doctor, a friend of mine has this small embarrassing problem"

[/ QUOTE ]

"...and he swears he slipped in the shower and landed on it."

pshabi
07-11-2005, 11:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know why my W$WSD is soooo low:

An example of how to use this while playing online poker would
be as follows: You are dealt 10,J hole cards and the flop comes Q,K,3
you decide to take a chance at play out the hand till the end. The turn
and river come and are 5,7 leaving you with nothing. Your opponent
has been betting hard the entire time and you are sure he has you
beat but you have already put so much of your money into the pot you
do not want to fold. So instead you ask him through the chat box:
“Would you like to fold or would you prefer to just give up?”

- 14 -
No Rules Poker By Ken Chan
You get it both options really mean the same thing i.e. to fold his
cards yet if he does not like his first choice he will subconsciously
decide on the second one!
What makes this technique work is the word OR. It implies that
someone is offering the opposite of something. It really does work
believe me.

cwes
07-11-2005, 11:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Can anyone else see the catch or am I the only one not brain dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are talking about installing VNC server on your computer, right?

VNC is a legitimate program. The way the 'author' describes its installation does no harm to you or your pc. He will not be able to access your computer because
1. the VNC server doesn't start automatically.
2. he does not know your ip address.

But it doesn't do you any good either. To look at other people's desktops you have to talk them into installing vnc server, starting vnc server, telling you their ip address and vnc password. So it's BS.

theblitz
07-11-2005, 11:24 AM
My question is whether that version of VNC is a legitimate one or not?
If not, then you are gicing it you IP address on download.
I would assume too that it would give you a default password.

Uglyowl
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Now I know why I am laying down AA on a A-T-T-7-5 board.

I was ready to get mental help, now I know just to shut my chat off. I have the upper hand again! What liberation.

cwes
07-11-2005, 11:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My question is whether that version of VNC is a legitimate one or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is. TightVNC was developed to reduce the bandwidth used by VNC so it can be used over slow networks (i.e. the internet). They provide the source code. You are free to check it for any malicious code.

[ QUOTE ]
If not, then you are gicing it you IP address on download.

[/ QUOTE ]

IP addresses are often dynamically assigned upon dial-in (i.e. everytime you log on to the internet you have another ip address). So that information will not help anyone.

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume too that it would give you a default password.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it asks you to set a password on the first start of the server. BUT the server will not be started if you follow the 'holy bible of cheating' (i.e. nobody can use VNC to see your screen).

KeysrSoze
07-11-2005, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is bogus all right. Trust me if someone could hack Party this way they would be keeping it to themselves /images/graemlins/smile.gif I've heard from someone who actually ordered this product and he was quite disappointed at the fact that no you can't see your opponent's cards /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

KC
kingcobrapoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same someone with the premature ejaculation problem and the anal warts? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pshah, I knew right away he was probably talking about a remote system access program of some type. Ooooh, I downloaded a program, the hard part is done. Now to just get the addresses of a bunch of high limit internet players, travel to each of their cities across the globe, break into their house and instll the program, couldn't be easier!

Usually I feel sorry for the people who lose what little money they have on the infomercial real estate and marketing get rich quick scams. Here I couldn't snicker at these wannabe cheaters hard enough.

Uglyowl
07-11-2005, 11:39 AM
You don't feel bad about cheating this guy out of money?

http://www.unseensurfer.net/ppafter.jpg

Make Over $25,000 a Month Cheating at Online Poker!

"The risk-free way to earn
BIG money playing online poker
100% Guaranteed!"

----------------------------------------------------

Unless you have heard what Ken has to say you are still living in the dark ages

If you can’t beat them – join them. And I must say I am glad I did. I have just paid off my mortgage 12 years early!

P.S. Keep the Bank Wire Transfer receipt stored away in the unlikely event you ask for a refund after 30 days.

theblitz
07-11-2005, 11:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BUT the server will not be started if you follow the 'holy bible of cheating'

[/ QUOTE ]
Not 100% sure about that because it might be installed as a service.
I have VNC at home for use within my home network. It enables me to access my server. It starts there automatically when the computer starts up.

However, the dynamic IP would be a bit of a problem (under-statement of the year).
Please excuse me while I hide under the nearest rock.

cwes
07-11-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry my english is not too good, but i'm always willing to learn. I assume this is some joke, but i do not get it. Could you explain it to me?

jman220
07-11-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry my english is not too good, but i'm always willing to learn. I assume this is some joke, but i do not get it. Could you explain it to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

My sarcasm detector is broken so I'm going to assume you're being serious. It means that he is embarassed at saying something he later realised was silly, and is now in a funny way retracting what he said in fake embarassment.

cwes
07-11-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

My sarcasm detector is broken so I'm going to assume you're being serious. It means that he is embarassed at saying something he later realised was silly, and is now in a funny way retracting what he said in fake embarassment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been serious. Thanks for the explanation.

Btw: nice avatar, Ash's cool.

Hojglad
07-11-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't read this in quite a while. I forgot how hilarious it was.

EliteNinja
07-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Wow, I wish that NoRulesPoker mental stuff would work in real life.

"Hey baby, are you going to give me your number or just write your phone number down for me?"

"Can I stick it in your pooper or would you just like to anal?"

Hojglad
07-11-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

"Can I stick it in your pooper or would you just like to anal?"

[/ QUOTE ]
nh.

moondogg
07-11-2005, 11:37 PM
Stop putting your goddamn website in your posts, asshead.