PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, call all-in with A7s?

pergesu
07-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Opponent seemed pretty solid up to this point, pushing in a lot of the right spots, though probably not as much as I would have /images/graemlins/smile.gif The previous hand my T4s sucked out on his K5s. Oh and apparently he didn't like how I played, I'm just now seeing his comments.

***** Hand History for Game 2345017469 *****
NL Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:13834413 Level:9 Blinds(250/500) - Monday, July 11, 01:16:30 EDT 2005
Table Table 13991 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 2
Seat 2: pattywack85 ( $5760 )
Seat 10: bhendo82 ( $2240 )
Trny:13834413 Level:9
Blinds(250/500)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to pattywack85 [ Ad 7d ]
bhendo82: unreal
bhendo82: do you have any clue what you're doing?
bhendo82 is all-In [1990]
Your time bank will become active in less than 20 seconds. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
eww
this sucks :\
pattywack85 calls [1740].

citanul
07-11-2005, 01:24 AM
this should, i think, be a ridiculously easy call.
blinds big, his stack small, your stack big, your hand good.

citanul

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Do I call? Hell yes. I'm ahead here a majority of the time.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 01:28 AM
Depends on his range...I had to throw it on loose for it to be a call. Anything tighter and it's a fold.

Running/playing like [censored] past couple days, second guessing myself. Plus I want to make some posts with actual content in them.

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Depends on his range...I had to throw it on loose for it to be a call.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to WHAT?

I'm curious, because whatever it is, you're misusing it or it sucks.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 01:35 AM
According to SNGPT

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
According to SNGPT

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't have no fancy computer program, but I've done plenty of my own calculations. They say folding A7s in this spot is straight up retarded.

The blinds are 250/500, no?

Anyway, I think a lot of smart people (including yourself) like this program, so I think you're doing something wrong.

EDIT--Doing something wrong with the inputs.

durron597
07-11-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
this is obviously the most ridiculously easy call ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

citanul
07-11-2005, 01:45 AM
i've been doing a fair amount of misreading and [censored] tonight, so i needed to cover my bases.

citanul

pergesu
07-11-2005, 01:46 AM
What range do you put him on for folding to be straight up retarded?

The guy had been playing weak heads up, and during the bubble he was aggressive in a couple spots, but seemed content to let me make a fool of myself and push every hand. I think he had like 4400 when we got four handed, I had maybe 1200, and then I had like 3300 to his 3000 when one smallie busted out the other. So I wasn't really sure what range to put him on.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 01:49 AM
ICM doesn't seem to think so...it's not even monstrously +EV with a range of (22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs). Just a +0.8% difference.

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 01:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ICM doesn't seem to think so...it's not even monstrously +EV with a range of (22+,A2s+,A3o+,KTs+,KJo+,QJs). Just a +0.8% difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's extremely tight and extremely stupid if that's his range with just over 4BB. He should be pushing the top 50%, and certainly more against a player who's considering folding with A7s.

Also, isn't +.8% suppossed to be pretty good at this point in a tournament on the ICM? I don't use it. I use the Bigwig ICM. It says call this everytime.

raptor517
07-11-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his range is likely a bit higher than this, as he is more than likely shoving stuff like K5, Q8, things like that. this IS a ridiculously easy call. if you are not calling here EVERY time, you are giving up way too much, and it is a HUGE leak. holla

pergesu
07-11-2005, 02:00 AM
This is a Party $22. There are plenty of people who play horribly on the bubble and beyond.

The only real reason folding even entered my mind is cause I had a ridiculously easy time of stealing from him up to that point. Like seriously, I think the guy would post his blind all-in before making an obvious call with a [censored] hand.

I dunno, given how this particular game was going, I wasn't ecstatic about calling this. Which is why I'm posting...definitely didn't feel like a super auto easy call.

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

his range is likely a bit higher than this, as he is more than likely shoving stuff like K5, Q8, things like that. this IS a ridiculously easy call. if you are not calling here EVERY time, you are giving up way too much, and it is a HUGE leak. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, villain should be shoving (minimally): Any A, Any K, QJ-Q5, JT-J9, T9, any pair. And probably some more suited stuff. And again, that's minimally.

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 02:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only real reason folding even entered my mind is cause I had a ridiculously easy time of stealing from him up to that point. Like seriously, I think the guy would post his blind all-in before making an obvious call with a [censored] hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this is the kind of stuff that you can't quantify with the ICM or SNGPTs. So I don't understand why you're using them as a defense to why you shouldn't call. There of course would be a line where you'd call, correct? Obviously if you had AK, or JJ you call in a flash, right? What Citanul, Raptor and I are saying is that when your opponent is this short, A7s is across that 'line' of insta call.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 02:09 AM
I realize what he should be doing. He just wasn't. On the bubble, we'd have this hand come up a ton

200/400

BB: 1100
SB: 900
CO: 4100
Hero: 1900

I think he should be shoving a HUUUUUUGE range of hands there. Honestly I'm probably throwing my stack out there with whatever I'm dealt. Yet that kinda situation came up four times and I got to steal all four. Of course my stack was bigger each time...but come on. When he's BB, SB folded to him every time, so he'd keep about the same stack. Then fold his SB to me.

The guy clearly was not pushing nearly as much as he should be, and that continued ITM and heads up.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm not defending a fold. As you can see in the HH, I did call there.

Of course I call with AK and JJ. But with AK or JJ there's no chance of being dominated, and I'm gonna be better than just a 60/40. That's not the case here I think.

curtains
07-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Note that I call this 100% of the time with Q7s. The headsup pushing standards on sng power tools are usually worthless because no one will be as tight as even the tightest preset range when they have 4x the BB.

pergesu
07-11-2005, 02:20 AM
Well, guess it's time to go back through all my HHs and see how badly I suck heads up. Somehow I've luckboxed my way into 14.5% 1st places.

What's the worst hand you guys all call with here?

Scuba Chuck
07-11-2005, 02:24 AM
Here's what I think of this post (and question).

[ QUOTE ]
this should, i think, be a ridiculously easy call.
blinds big, his <font color="red"> package </font> small, your <font color="red"> package </font> big, time for a sword fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyway, what's this all about?

[ QUOTE ]
bhendo82: unreal
bhendo82: do you have any clue what you're doing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a tell?

pergesu
07-11-2005, 02:26 AM
I keep the chat off, didn't see it until I posted this hand. It was cause I was shoving like every single hand, and had just sucked out on him.

tigerite
07-11-2005, 05:51 AM
If in doubt, just call top 30%, of which A7s is obviously a member.

tigerite
07-11-2005, 05:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's extremely tight and extremely stupid if that's his range with just over 4BB. He should be pushing the top 50%, and certainly more against a player who's considering folding with A7s.

Also, isn't +.8% suppossed to be pretty good at this point in a tournament on the ICM? I don't use it. I use the Bigwig ICM. It says call this everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Top 50%? Blimey. More like top 70%.

tigerite
07-11-2005, 05:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Note that I call this 100% of the time with Q7s. The headsup pushing standards on sng power tools are usually worthless because no one will be as tight as even the tightest preset range when they have 4x the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Q7s is right on the borderline for me. Q8s+ is an easy call however.