PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Aggression

joecash
07-11-2005, 12:20 AM
I had this happen a few weeks ago..

I guess I passed this guy on the road at some point. I was in the right lane and thought that my right turn was up ahead. As I am making the turn, I ralize it it one turn too early, so I ease back over into traffic. This was at a light and it caused no danger at all - I was beside the traffic at the light on a median. I waited for an opening and went down to my turn.

When I get to the place I'm going, a guy gets in the elvator with me, asks me what car I drive, and starts cussing at me for "being a jerk" and cutting in front of people because "I think I'm more important", blah, blah, blah.

What would you have done?

Vote4Pedro
07-11-2005, 12:25 AM
judo chop

pshabi
07-11-2005, 12:42 AM
smaller than me = "[censored] off"
same size = "[censored] off"
A little bigger = explain myself with honesty
Much bigger = [censored] my pants, I'm in a [censored] elevator.

tdarko
07-11-2005, 12:45 AM
learn how to drive [censored]!

mslif
07-11-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had this happen a few weeks ago..

I guess I passed this guy on the road at some point. I was in the right lane and thought that my right turn was up ahead. As I am making the turn, I ralize it it one turn too early, so I ease back over into traffic. This was at a light and it caused no danger at all - I was beside the traffic at the light on a median. I waited for an opening and went down to my turn.

When I get to the place I'm going, a guy gets in the elvator with me, asks me what car I drive, and starts cussing at me for "being a jerk" and cutting in front of people because "I think I'm more important", blah, blah, blah.

[/ QUOTE ]

you should have told him to chill out and that being disrespectful and aggressive are not going to get him anywhere and that it makes you angry... Then rip your shirt off and make crazy sounds! Trust me that guy won't [censored] with you anytime soon.

Los Feliz Slim
07-11-2005, 12:53 AM
Make the goddamn turn, THEN if you f'ed up turn around and correct. What, do you think you're more important than anyone else? Learn to [censored] drive.

And kudos to the guy for confronting you.

joecash
07-11-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
smaller than me = "[censored] off"
same size = "[censored] off"
A little bigger = explain myself with honesty
Much bigger = [censored] my pants, I'm in a [censored] elevator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically did the first one - I was bigger. The whole thing was so shocking though - I had no idea what this guy was talking about at first.

Vote4Pedro
07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
are you serious?

joecash
07-11-2005, 12:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Make the goddamn turn, THEN if you f'ed up turn around and correct. What, do you think you're more important than anyone else? Learn to [censored] drive.

And kudos to the guy for confronting you.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's bull.

I didn't even cut anyone off - there wasn't even that much traffic on the road. This guy just felt insecure I guess - kind of like you it sounds.

fluxrad
07-11-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was beside the traffic at the light on a median.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement doesn't make a lot of sense. It sounds like you thought what you were doing was completely safe but that you may have cut someone off.

I would have done a mea culpa and went about my business. If the guy continued to be aggressive, then I think you're within your rights to tell him to fsck off.

But I agree with another poster that you probably just should have finished the first turn and doubled back.

joecash
07-11-2005, 01:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
I was beside the traffic at the light on a median.

This statement doesn't make a lot of sense. It sounds like you thought what you were doing was completely safe but that you may have cut someone off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It just a white striped triangle in between the main road and turn-off. Like I said, I waited until the maybe 6 cars went by - I didn't jump ahead of anyone.

RacersEdge
07-11-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
judo chop

[/ QUOTE ]

Is an elevator better for judo or kung fu?

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Problem is that most of people who cut in front are doing it on purpose.

Let him vent, shrug it off, who cares. He'll feel really stupid later on.

joecash
07-14-2005, 11:43 AM
a bump to get some more takes since I posted this over the weekend.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible to answer since your description of the incident sucks. However, I'm guessing that someone that can't express himself any better than this also sucks at driving so you're lucky he didn't beat your ass.

joecash
07-14-2005, 11:58 AM
if you don't understand it, don't respond.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given that I already did, what was the point of this post?>?

joecash
07-14-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

advice for the future.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 12:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

advice for the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really appreciate that, but I don't take advice from people that drive like imbeciles.

Los Feliz Slim
07-14-2005, 12:52 PM
I was drunk when I originally replied and asked you to just learn to [censored] drive, so let's go through this in more detail:

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I passed this guy on the road at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess so. Right off the bat you're trying to distance yourself from your dirty deed by passively asserting that you "guess" you passed him. You know exactly what you did.

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the right lane and thought that my right turn was up ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the first time you'd ever taken this route? Or were you just not paying attention? Talking on the phone, perhaps? Or all three? Please try and keep your head in the game while you're driving.

[ QUOTE ]
As I am making the turn, I ralize it it one turn too early, so I ease back over into traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, now. You had already started making the turn, right? When you ralized what was going on? Was it a right turn lane? Had you by any chance passed a line of cars when you approached the intersection?

[ QUOTE ]
I waited for an opening and went down to my turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't wait for an opening, you cruised right back into traffic after you made your turn. Please.

When I am king, your punishment will be much worse than getting cussed out.

joecash
07-14-2005, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was drunk when I originally replied and asked you to just learn to [censored] drive, so let's go through this in more detail:

[ QUOTE ]
I guess I passed this guy on the road at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess so. Right off the bat you're trying to distance yourself from your dirty deed by passively asserting that you "guess" you passed him. You know exactly what you did.

[ QUOTE ]
I was in the right lane and thought that my right turn was up ahead

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this the first time you'd ever taken this route? Or were you just not paying attention? Talking on the phone, perhaps? Or all three? Please try and keep your head in the game while you're driving.

[ QUOTE ]
As I am making the turn, I ralize it it one turn too early, so I ease back over into traffic

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on, now. You had already started making the turn, right? When you ralized what was going on? Was it a right turn lane? Had you by any chance passed a line of cars when you approached the intersection?

[ QUOTE ]
I waited for an opening and went down to my turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You didn't wait for an opening, you cruised right back into traffic after you made your turn. Please.

When I am king, your punishment will be much worse than getting cussed out.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, were you there?

I say I probably passed him becasue I think it would take more than him seeing me miss a turn and get back in traffic to be so tilted. I was unsure because I have no idea which car he was driving - I passed a lot of cars.

It was like the 2nd or 3rd time I went this route - the turn-offs loko very similar. And it was a right turn lane, so I hadn't even started turning right yet before I slid back over. Like I said, I waited until all the cars that were at the light went after the green light, then I just got back in the regular flow of traffic.

Maybe I need to make a MS Paint picture to show what happened. It really was very simple.