PDA

View Full Version : I haven't played an STT in like two weeks...

Karak567
07-10-2005, 11:49 PM
It's frustrating. I just can't motivate myself to do it anymore. I used to play a few hours every night after work or whatever I did that day... but now I just... don't want to.

It's frustrating for my friends because they realize how much money I COULD make and how much I have made already... they don't understand why I just don't do it anymore.

I've just lost the desire. It seems like work to me now. I work 8 hours a day, then come home and work 4 more?

Blah maybe I'm just a lazy bastard.

unreal_nh
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM
well you shouldnt do something that doesnt make you happy. take some serious time off and maybe you will decide that you miss it.

microbet
07-10-2005, 11:53 PM
You must pay for a lot of stuff for your friends. Tell them to play their own damn poker.

1C5
07-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Same with me now that it is summetime and I would rather be outside and golfing but the problem is the guys I bet with only play for 50 cents a hole hahahaha, cheap bastards.

Karak567
07-11-2005, 12:14 AM
They won't let me play with them anymore. They play 5-10 dollar buy-ins... and sometimes when feeling risky they play 20 dollar buy-ins.

Except that they play so scared with their money I run all over them. It's sad.

They keep asking me about my poker winnings. I wouldn't tell them for a long time but they wouldn't leave me the hell alone... plus they assumed I was losing becuase I wouldn't tell them...

Now all they want is advice on how to beat Party too. I keep telling them I am just an average player and there are a lot better ones out there, but whatever.

45suited
07-11-2005, 12:19 AM
I've started feeling the same way about STTs but I'm sure it's just temporary.

I've started playing the low buy-in NL ring games on PP. It's nice to play some poker and get out of push monkey mode once in a while. Plus the games are as soft as a baby's bottom. No offense to Raptor intended. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

(By the way, regarding the other post, I'm 33 so I feel like an old man on this forum!)

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 12:23 AM
There's nothing wrong with taking some time off. I played only 14 hours this week, which is 6 short of my 'quota.' I'll make it up next week, because the girl I'm seeing will be out of town, Dennis' rain will be rolling through ruining golf, and I need to make some dollas.

Just go back when you're ready.

USCSigma1097
07-11-2005, 12:36 AM
Come to SC and work for me for one week when it's ninety five in the shade...

You'll miss poker.

Sigma

Bigwig
07-11-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Come to SC and work for me for one week when it's ninety five in the shade...

You'll miss poker.

Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

This collar look blue to you?

future
07-11-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's frustrating. I just can't motivate myself to do it anymore. I used to play a few hours every night after work or whatever I did that day... but now I just... don't want to.

It's frustrating for my friends because they realize how much money I COULD make and how much I have made already... they don't understand why I just don't do it anymore.

I've just lost the desire. It seems like work to me now. I work 8 hours a day, then come home and work 4 more?

Blah maybe I'm just a lazy bastard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imagine the time you could save and money you could make if you played during work. /images/graemlins/cool.gif