PDA

View Full Version : BEST SITES FOR $25 NL ?

TCBSTEVE
07-10-2005, 11:26 PM
What would be the 3 best sites playing 2 - 3 tables ? Would appreciate your opinions and comments.

Rockatansky
07-10-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would be the 3 best sites playing 2 - 3 tables ? Would appreciate your opinions and comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party skins, Crypto skins, and Paradise are all good sites. Party is good for the bonuses and sheer number of games. Crypto games are very soft (softer than Party, at least in my opinion), but only have about 4K players during peak hours, which is during the afternoon in the US. Paradise's granny bonus is good, but the software is slower than most other sites.

jman220
07-11-2005, 12:30 AM
1. Party network, and its not even close. (Party/Empire/Eurobet/Intertops/PokerNow/Multipoker)

Two and three, pokerstars at that limit is pretty decent, not sure about others for that limit.

bkholdem
07-11-2005, 01:11 AM
Party is where the party is at

BigF
07-11-2005, 01:13 AM
Are you guys sure about this? I've never played on Paradise or PokerStars but pokerlistings.com says these two sites have the toughest games on the Internet (along with UltimateBet). Maybe they are talking about mid/high stakes games?

jman220
07-11-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you guys sure about this? I've never played on Paradise or PokerStars but pokerlistings.com says these two sites have the toughest games on the Internet (along with UltimateBet). Maybe they are talking about mid/high stakes games?

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars at higher limits may be tough, but definitely not at lower limits. I've played nl up to $100 nl there and not found it to be very hard. The players are tighter in general than party (at least at $100 nl), but not necessarily better, just more weak-tight. Your hourly rate may be a little lower because of this, and I definitely still prefer party in terms of bad players, but pokerstars $25 is certainly not a "tough" game.

iluzion
07-11-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Pokerstars at higher limits may be tough, but definitely not at lower limits. I've played nl up to $100 nl there and not found it to be very hard. The players are tighter in general than party (at least at $100 nl), but not necessarily better, just more weak-tight. Your hourly rate may be a little lower because of this, and I definitely still prefer party in terms of bad players, but pokerstars $25 is certainly not a "tough" game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, due to the availability of lower stakes on Stars, my experience has showed it to be a little bit "tougher." Games are usually more weak/tight than the loose party tables. While they might not be harder, they are different. Also, my only real experience to directly compare stakes on one or the other is the $5 tourneys, where both have equally bad players and then micro-limits, .25/.50 on stars was VERY similar to the .5/1 games I moved up to on party from there.

thewildone
07-11-2005, 02:09 AM
i have found any prima skin to be where the NL action is, loose games all the way up to $25/50 NL games.

SoftcoreRevolt
07-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Party Poker and its not even close.

TheHammer24
07-11-2005, 03:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party skins, Crypto skins, and Paradise are all good sites. Party is good for the bonuses and sheer number of games. Crypto games are very soft (softer than Party, at least in my opinion), but only have about 4K players during peak hours, which is during the afternoon in the US. Paradise's granny bonus is good, but the software is slower than most other sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

You serious? Cryptos? They didn't even have 25 NL until two months ago. Paradise software slow?! It's one of the best out there!

Absolute Poker and the Prima skins (Aztech Riches, Bet 365, etc.) should be good in addition the party skins.

Niediam
07-11-2005, 03:51 AM
You definately play fewer hands/hr on Paradise than Party, UB, or Stars.

randomstumbl
07-11-2005, 04:27 AM
Bodog is probably worth checking out. They seem to usually have a couple games going. I don't play NLH, but their PLO games are really great.

Also, they have a $100,000 guarantee tourney every Sunday that isn't getting anywhere close to the guarantee - so they've been giving away free entries to it pretty liberally.