PDA

View Full Version : Missed AK on a coordinated flop

MrOnizuka
07-10-2005, 10:12 PM
UB 20+2

4 people left at the 75-150 blinds level. Me and the SB have around 3K, button about 2K, and BB is big stack with around 7K.

I get AKo utg and raise it to 455. Button folds and the SB calls, BB folds. Pot is 1060.

Flop comes 7 8 9 with two diamonds, of which I possess none. SB checks to me. No real read, but he hasn't done anything crazy, got most of his chips winning a flip against the 5th place guy.

What's my action?

threeonefour
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
I would make a continuation bet, mostly because that is a big pot and its worth stabbing at even if its unlikely you have the best hand.

I would bet out 300ish and those would be the last chips I would even think about putting into the pot unless i improve.

you have a good stack, and even if you make the bet and lose you will still have over 2K so you will be fine.

trigger man
07-10-2005, 10:30 PM
I'm actually in favor of checking behind this flop and seeing how villain acts on the turn. If the bigstack is the typical 22 player that is somewhat passive, should he bet out on the turn, for the most part you know you are behind and then can muck. On the other hand, if he checks to you for the second time, you can be reasonably sure he is drawing or has a hand that he is not proud of.

At this point, you can make a half-pot bet or so, expecting to either take it down right there or check behind on the river.