PDA

View Full Version : KJs UTG?

Tyler Durden
02-13-2003, 11:27 PM
What do you do with it in all kinds of game textures?

I play in a loose passive game so I limped. My friend says that's a bad play.

Thoughts?

Clarkmeister
02-13-2003, 11:33 PM
If your game is so tough you have to fold KJs UTG then you need to find a different game.

"I play in a loose passive game..."

If you fold KJs in a loose passive game, just rack up your chips and go home. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Byrn
02-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Does your friend suggest raising?

I would limp - you encourage weaker K's or J's to call, additional callers increase your implied odds if you flop flush possibilities, and you can be aware that a raise behind you might be a stronger K or J, and play cautiously from there...

Stu Pidasso
02-14-2003, 12:21 AM
If the game is such that 3-4+ people are seeing the flop and its usually unraised you can play it. Don't get handcuffed to the hand if the flop comes King high though.

Stu

Ed Miller
02-14-2003, 01:17 AM
Limping with it is fine. In a tighter game, I'll raise.

PokerPrince
02-14-2003, 01:21 AM
I don't limp utg with very many hands but this is one that I usually do in more passive games. I generally play in clubs where the action is very aggressive, particularly preflop, and in those games I don't think twice about folding it utg.

PokerPrince

JTG51
02-14-2003, 02:43 AM
Clarkmeister is 100% right. Anyone that plays in a game that they can't limp with KJs from UTG needs to find a different game.

PokerPrince
02-14-2003, 02:55 AM
That's basically like saying that aggressive games should not be played in. In these types of wild games you can certainly forget about limping in with hands and hoping you get to see a flop cheap. I admit playing so tight does get a tad boring after 50 or 60 folds in a row but in my experience aggressive games are incredibly profitable. You just have to be EVEN MORE PATIENT.

PokerPrince

JTG51
02-14-2003, 03:28 AM
That's basically like saying that aggressive games should not be played in.

If the game is going through an aggressive phase, then I've got no problem mucking KJs and staying in the game. If it's consistantly that aggressive though, I'd rather find a new game. My game just isn't built for that type of table.

rigoletto
02-14-2003, 05:31 AM
Tight agressive or loose agressive? In a semiloose/loose agressive game I would hop right in with KJs.