PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

bryantodom5
07-10-2005, 08:57 PM
I was MP with KK in a 1/2 6 max. I raised preflop and was called by button, SB, and BB. Flop comes As 10h 4s. SB checks, BB checks, I raise, button calls, SB folds, BB calls. TUrn is 7d. BB checks, i bet, button raises, BB folds, i call. RIver 2c. I check, button checks. I win, button had pair of 10's. Should i have bet after the river? I was lead into believing button either was holding an Ace. Was this a good play?

bryantodom5
07-10-2005, 09:04 PM
can someone plz respond

Kumubou
07-10-2005, 09:09 PM
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeads?

Typically, I would not -- but I am a nit. Check/call check/raise is a common line for people to use with a monstar hand into a pre-flop raiser; but I also see a lot of people do that with absolute air. An all-or-nothing type of line.

If he is truly banging away with air, he will not call a river stop-and-go bet. If he is semi-bluffing with a weak hand, he probably will pay off. If he has a monstar, you are getting raised. Whereas if you check and allow him to bet (either for value with his monstar or to continue the bluff/semi-bluff he had), you either gain or lose an additional bet. There may be a range of hands here that would call a bet but check the river through here, but I think that is fairly narrow -- if there is a chance of the checkraise being a (semi)bluff, they'll probably keep it up.

[ QUOTE ]
can someone plz respond

[/ QUOTE ]
You posted this five minutes ago! I know this forum is fast, but geez. Have one of these:
http://www.forumspile.com/Chill-Pill.jpg
-K

Deamon2
07-10-2005, 09:54 PM
that is one massive chill pill

I like your reasoning

DCWildcat
07-10-2005, 10:04 PM
nice hand