PDA

View Full Version : Drawing when LP table wakes up

Cosimo
07-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I generally find the micros at UB to be tight, passive, and weak. This hand was a bit odd because everyone in it raised at some point. All three villians are semi-loose, with CO the loosest. UTG and +1 have both been odd; usually aggressive in the wrong spots, typical of semi-aggressive micro-limit players. (There are no maniacs at UB.) CO's play has been passive and weak. I'm about 100 hands into the table at this point, and these three actors have been around long enough to see (if they so choose) that I'm tight. I've been stealing pots like this one, and my draws usually don't get paid off when it's HU.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

Note at this point AA, KK, QQ, and AK are unlikely; this table hasn't been that sort of tricky. My read is that after my raise, someone would have woken up if they had a powerhouse.

Flop: (9 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I called the first time cuz raises are rare, especially from this crew. I can't give this crowd credit for the flush, or even two pair. Would leading have helped? I was thinking that I just wanted a cheap card.

Turn: (8.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero ...

Aaron W.
07-10-2005, 08:39 PM
Forget the turn. What's with the flop check-call?

@bsolute_luck
07-10-2005, 10:24 PM
you've got the nut flush draw sitting in your lap and you check/call the flop?

call the turn too by the way.

glean
07-10-2005, 11:20 PM
I probably would have bet out on the flop, for value since you have nut flush draw. You could definatly be ahead hear, and if someone stayed with Ax your still not in bad position to take it on the flop.

I think that since you didn't and are probably relying on the flush to win vs this many opponents I would call the flop like you did.

The 2nd A coming kinda blows since it makes the boat posible, but the flush draw and the slight possibility that your still ahead means your in it for the long hall I would think. Your still getting good odds to call, if it goes into a raising war your still going to get decent odds, since 4 of you are in.

I would personaly call this, probably call the river for one bet UI too if its one bet to you unless the board pairs.

Shillx
07-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Hero ...

Bets the flop.

Hint Hint - A better hand might even fold. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

pryor15
07-10-2005, 11:35 PM
lead out the flop. as far as flops that have an Ace, that's about all you can ask for. if you don't lead, definitely c/r. leading out gives you a chance to knock out a raggedy suited Ace that's scared of the flush.

the turn Ace isn't that bad for you, since it minimizes the chances that you're behind to a raggedy Ace (unless, of course, someone has AT or 44, then you're in big trouble). call the turn as you've got a bunch of outs, even though none of them are clean.

[ QUOTE ]
I called the first time cuz raises are rare, especially from this crew. I can't give this crowd credit for the flush, or even two pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

am i reading this wrong? wouldn't a rare raise mean they would have a flush or 2-pair? and why does your read of CO contradict itself? I'm confused.