PDA

View Full Version : Best Practice for calling a girl after getting her number?

bd8802
07-10-2005, 07:09 PM
I got the number of my waitress last night at a brewpub. Is there a standard best practice to handle this situation? How many days should I wait before I call her? What should be game plan be for the conversation? We do not live in the same town, does this change my game plan?

This does not happen in my pathetic life very often, so I do not want to [censored] this up. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/bd

thatpfunk
07-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Watch Swingers, problem solved.

tolbiny
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Don't wait to long and don't call her that same night. A 24-48 hour wating period is fine.

1. If your going to be nervous write down her name on a piece of paper. so you don't freeze up when someone picks up and you don't remmeber who to ask for.
2. Don't bring up your ex girlfriends (any of them) - and don't mention how you have never gotten a waitresses phone number before.

tdarko
07-10-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Watch Swingers, problem solved

[/ QUOTE ]
this movie could help but the best time to call is at the end of the week before the weekend on like a thursday to make plans for a saturday.

pryor15
07-10-2005, 07:17 PM
2 days. you gotta wait 2 days.

bisonbison
07-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Number on Friday, call her on Monday.
Number on Saturday, call her on Tuesday.

BeerMoney
07-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Call her when you have something good planned.

Yeti
07-10-2005, 07:33 PM
Get drunk, then call her.

ChipWrecked
07-10-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so money.

Lawrence Ng
07-10-2005, 07:36 PM
Listen to Bison.

Lawrence

swede123
07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
Call her in like four weeks. Tell her you were doing laundry and you found this number in your pants and you don't remember who's it was. That would definitely put you in the driver's seat.

Swede

thatpfunk
07-10-2005, 07:41 PM
And you don't even know it.

pryor15
07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call her in like four weeks. Tell her you were doing laundry and you found this number in your pants and you don't remember who's it was. That would definitely put you in the driver's seat.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

then ask her if you fvcked.

siccjay
07-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Just don't call her the same day.

When you get her on the phone, just make plans to meet up and hang out. No bullshit talky talk that you shouldn't want to have to do anyway. You are too busy to talk (even if you aren't).

Don't leave messages.

thatpfunk
07-10-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't leave messages.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell not? A lot of people don't answer unknown numbers.

ChoicestHops
07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
If the girl is a tight/passive, call her the next day or she might loose interest. A loose/aggressive girl, on the other hand, can wait. Give it a few days.

Cubswin
07-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Is there a standard best practice to handle this situation?

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

Waitress: Hello

bd8802: Hi, this is bd8802... from the brewpub the other night.

Waitress: Oh... hey...how are you doing?

bd8802: Good... listen i was wondering if youd like to go grab a coffee or a drink sometime this week? ... and then after that maybe i could put it in your pooper?

Luv2DriveTT
07-10-2005, 08:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a standard best practice to handle this situation?

*Ring Ring*

*Ring Ring*

Waitress: Hello

bd8802: Hi, this is bd8802... from the brewpub the other night.

Waitress: Oh... hey...how are you doing?

bd8802: Good... listen i was wondering if youd like to go grab a coffee or a drink sometime this week? ... and then after that maybe i could stick it in your pooper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't belive I had to fix your post.... gosh!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

cpitt398
07-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Don't make the mistake of waiting too long. A stripper at Spearoment Rhino gave me her number once and I thought it would be money to wait a week. Ya, I'm pretty sure she didn't know who I was by then.

Don't call too quick or too often either. I think I pulled a Jon Favreu melt down last night on accident. This chick (works VIP at this show I frequent) who wants my cack gave me her card, kissed me on the lips, and invited to a party at her house. She was giving me directions and I told her I was just call when I got close. Well, I call and she answers and then the phone cut off. I call back and it gives some message which I think is an out of service area type message. So I kept on calling back thinking she was in a bad area or something. The last time I called I actually listened to the message and it directed me to her voicemail. So I think her battery was dead and its going to show me calling like 10 times. Now I feel like a dicktard.

So, in conclusion, don't listen to me about advice, just learn from my mistakes.

MikeL05
07-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Honestly, it is pretty damn difficult to get a waitress' number. They get hit on ALL THE TIME by guys, at work cause they're there, and off work cause they're usually hot.

I wouldn't mess around. Call her when you're thinking of her. That's the end of it. This whole waiting BS is just a stupid game... and if she's really into you, she won't give a crap whether you call her after the precisely "coolest" number of hours or not.

PoBoy321
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
Two days after you get her number, call her up and say "Hey [her name], this is [your name], I met you at [the restaurant] the other night. Do you wanna get together for drinks this weekend?"

Bingo bango, there ya go.

Willluck
07-10-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Two days after you get her number, call her up and say "Hey [her name], this is [your name], I met you at [the restaurant] the other night. Do you wanna get together for drinks this weekend?"

Bingo bango, there ya go.

[/ QUOTE ]and the winner is...

MEbenhoe
07-10-2005, 09:42 PM
My theory is this:

Whenever I've given a girl my #, I usually get a call from her the next day, two days later at the latest. So if this is what most girls would do, they likely expect the same treatment from you. Thus call her 1-2 days later. When talking to her, be yourself and try to get away from the usual small talk questions, ask something interesting. Also be prepared with something to say in case you get a machine cuz you don't wanna freeze up when you get her voicemail.

Roy Munson
07-10-2005, 09:45 PM
If she did not bang you that night then she gave you a fake number. I suggest you discard the number, do not call and try again with another skank.

SackUp
07-10-2005, 10:11 PM
Dude, call her the next day. Girls like to know that someone is interested in them. If she took teh time to give you her number then she obviously wants you to call her and ask her out.

Call her and ask her if she wants to go out and do something. Oh and when talking making sure to ask about her...how her day was, etc.

I swear half the people on OOT are 15 when it comes to experience. Makes my ass feel awesome!

James Boston
07-10-2005, 10:29 PM
Stand up while you're on the phone with her. You'll breath better, and your voice will sound more deep and less nervous. It sounds strange, but it works.

MEbenhoe
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, call her the next day. Girls like to know that someone is interested in them. If she took teh time to give you her number then she obviously wants you to call her and ask her out.

Call her and ask her if she wants to go out and do something. Oh and when talking making sure to ask about her...how her day was, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not agree with you all the time, but this is exactly the truth. A lot of girls just want a guy who's gonna be straight with them. Don't play games like waiting a week to call her. You like her give her a call, ask her out, go from there. Show her you're interested in her, she'll appreciate it.

JMP300z
07-10-2005, 10:46 PM
Also its best to have a time and place planned....dont say "lets meet up for a drink sometime...say lets meet at so and so bar for body shots at 9.

-JP

theredpill9
07-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Call her the next day and ask her if she likes long penises.

Bluffoon
07-10-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I swear half the people on OOT are 15 when it comes to experience. Makes my ass feel awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect

disjunction
07-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Call her when you feel like talking to her. Make plans for doing something that you find fun.

Either she'll like you or she won't, but if you modify your behavior to make her think you're cool, you'll achieve the opposite effect.

Edit: Of course unless you're a clod you'll want to talk about her to find out who this person is, but don't force it. Pick up on what she's interested in and go with it, rather than asking questions inquisition-style.

Ulysses
07-10-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call her in like four weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

This used to be pretty money, but nowadays all really cool guys pretty much wait at least two months, three months if the chick is really hot.

asofel
07-11-2005, 01:08 AM
don't date a waitress. trust me.

if you're not at this bar that often, then you might have a chance. Its going to be a perilous journey though, be ready for it.

That being said, listen to bison. Couple days, no more, call and be cool, confident, funny, and don't talk too long. She doesn't want to hear your life story. She wants a guy that's got her number to call, say what's up, and plan something. Don't waiver on what you're going to do. Don't say "whatever you want". Call her with a plan, a set date, time, and location, and you'll be alright.

fluorescenthippo
07-11-2005, 01:32 AM
call her two days later and say:
hi im that ridiculously good looking guy whos been running through your head since you met me two days ago. listen, im going to be stopping by my favorite coffee shop later and you should stop by. ill be there at 5pm, does this work for you? great. i got plans afterwards though, so dont think you can stop by, buy me a cheap coffee and take me home, im not that easy. well i gotta run, see you at 5.

Willluck
07-11-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
hi im that ridiculously good looking guy whos been running through your head since you met me two days ago. listen, im going to be stopping by my favorite coffee shop later and you should stop by. ill be there at 5pm, does this work for you? great. i got plans afterwards though, so dont think you can stop by, buy me a cheap coffee and take me home, im not that easy. well i gotta run, see you at 5.

[/ QUOTE ] http://www.forumspile.com/Gay-AccordingToThis.jpg

asofel
07-11-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so very well played. read this guys (that's you bruiser). wit, confidence, and not staying on the phone too long. hippo's got skillz.

asofel
07-11-2005, 01:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, you're very wrong on this one.

fluorescenthippo
07-11-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not agree with you all the time, but this is exactly the truth. A lot of girls just want a guy who's gonna be straight with them. Don't play games like waiting a week to call her. You like her give her a call, ask her out, go from there. Show her you're interested in her, she'll appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, this is just horrible advice. this is not the truth at all. assuming shes hot, she could care less if you call her and just gave you her number so you would get away from her. she doesnt care if your interested, she will not remember you, and she probably hopes you die. she does not want you to ask her out.

when you call her dont ask her how her day was. you have to be confident, cool, and different when you call her. and dont make it sound like you are "asking her out"

of course, if she is ugly none of this applies

cpitt398
07-11-2005, 01:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Money

handsome
07-11-2005, 01:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy: "So... like, do you like.. like.. big penises??"
Girl: "No, not really.."
Guy: "That's good.. well... my penis is really short, so maybe..."
Girl: "What?"
Guy: "I mean.. crap..." *hangs up*

Willluck
07-11-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unfortunately, you're very wrong on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]It was too typical and just like everything else.
Plus, I just saw this and wanted to use it on someone.

Willluck
07-11-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy: "So... like, do you like.. like.. big penises??"
Girl: "No, not really.."
Guy: "That's good.. well... my penis is really short, so maybe..."
Girl: "What?"
Guy: "I mean.. crap..." *hangs up*

[/ QUOTE ]MONEY!!!

gorie
07-11-2005, 01:52 AM
according to my commodore 64 barbie game it should go like this:

*ring*
barbie: hello?
ken: hi barbie, it's ken. would you like to go on a picnic ?
barbie: sure, sounds like fun!
ken: great! see you in an hour!

then barbie will go dress up for the picnic.

and then you end up at the pool dressed for a picnic because the game was messed up.

anyway , it should go something like that.

Richie Rich
07-11-2005, 02:02 AM
If you meet a girl at a bar or club, wait 2-3 days. If you ask the waitress for her number, call her the next day. I hope you can recogznize the difference.

cpitt398
07-11-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you meet a girl at a bar or club, wait 2-3 days. If you ask the waitress for her number, call her the next day. I hope you can recogznize the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we got it wrong here. Someone posted earlier about waiting longer for loose girls and shorter for tight girls. While the logic seems right, it is actually the opposite.

You should try to jump on the looser girl right away or as soon as possible. For instance, if you meet a girl at a club, you should try not to leave without her. You should consider walking her to the bathroom and waiting if she is really slutty.

I'm beginning to think you should just call right away no matter what.

One poster said call when you feel like talking to her. That in itself implies you want to talk to this girl. I've done this before and I usually wait too long b/c I don't want to talk to this girl, I just want to bang her without getting pot committed.

tonypaladino
07-11-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
according to my commodore 64 barbie game it should go like this:

*ring*
barbie: hello?
ken: hi barbie, it's ken. would you like to go on a picnic ?
barbie: sure, sounds like fun!
ken: great! see you in an hour!

then barbie will go dress up for the picnic.

and then you end up at the pool dressed for a picnic because the game was messed up.

anyway , it should go something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

awesome

fluorescenthippo
07-11-2005, 03:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just want to bang her without getting pot committed.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

yellowjack
07-11-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you meet a girl at a bar or club, wait 2-3 days. If you ask the waitress for her number, call her the next day. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

theredpill9
07-11-2005, 05:39 AM
How come you can't provide good advice for us, Gorie ? If you really are a girl. What the hell ? Tell me how to get in a girl's pants.

grass
07-11-2005, 05:47 AM
call her up the same night. make sure she sees you through her bedroom window when talking to her. that lets her know you're ready to get down, way down.

ain't no sunshiiiine when she's gooooone. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Michael Davis
07-11-2005, 06:58 AM
"Tell me how to get in a girl's pants."

Gorie is very cool and honest so she might be able to help you here, but even she will probably admit that asking girls how to get into other girls' pants is not the right move. Instead, ask boris or Rick Nebiolo.

-Michael

BZ_Zorro
07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Just do it you pussy. Stop thinking about it.

SinCityGuy
07-11-2005, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How many days should I wait before I call her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two. Do you see why?

grass
07-11-2005, 07:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many days should I wait before I call her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Two + Two. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp, a clever funny story goes a long way.

Mark It Zero!
07-11-2005, 07:48 AM
just call her in a few days. Do NOT say something like "hey, this is Joe Shmoe, I met you at the restaurant...", as this is a good way of killing the attraction. Be confident, just say your name, if she doesn't know who you are by that alone, use it as an opportunity to bust her balls ("wow, did you give your number to that many guys that you can't remember?", "you must do that to get better tips", etc)

Keep the conversation short and to the point, you're not calling her up to chit chat, get her in person and you can have your conversation there. Chances are you will bomb it with this girl, but that's nothing to be worried about.. in fact, if you believe and accept that you are drawing dead you will have a much better chance of success. Be assertive, "I'm doing this, you should come with me", none of this "uhm, yes, I was wondering, if maybe, uh yeah if it would be okay, if I possibly asked you what you are doing today?" [censored]. If she's busy, say okay, and if she has a change of plans to give you a call. Or maybe tell her you'll give her a call next weekend and see what's up. That's all you gonna do, good luck buddy

pj4533
07-11-2005, 09:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH

Wes ManTooth
07-11-2005, 10:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Yeah, but you know what, mabey I'll wait 3 weeks. How's that? And tell her I was cleaning out my wallet and I just happened to run into her number. Yeah, I'll ask her where I met her. I don't remember. What does she look like? And then I'll asked if we f***ed. Is that... would that be... T, would that be the money?"

bisonbison
07-11-2005, 10:08 AM

But because this thread lingers, let me spell it out.

You do this, not because it is psychologically cunning or numerologically sound to do it this way, but because it conveys the right message and it is so simple that even a chimp should be able to pull it off.

You will not long fool a woman into liking you. All this phone call does is say: A) I'm interested in seeing you again; and B) I am not a graceless social tool. Establishing these two facts allows the girl to evaluate you fairly and may permit you to see her and have fun and fall in love and so on and forthing.

Of course there are women who want you to call the next day or are weirded out that you didn't wait six days or that you called at all. Nonetheless, this is the best course for the vast majority of possible worlds, and if you had the kind of read that would make another plan more advisable then you wouldn't be asking the question in the first place.

When you follow this plan, the worst thing that can happen is not bad at all.

HopeydaFish
07-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Unfortunately, there's no right answer to this question. All women are different. Unless you can read minds, you'll never know what their expectations are. The best you can hope for is that this woman will like you for you. You need to be upfront and act like yourself. Trying to act like someone else will backfire on you in the end, as you'll eventually have to go back to being yourself around her and she'll realize you had been putting on an act.

Of course, if your only motivation is to stick it in her pooper and scurry off, then go ahead and play games.

Don't wait too long to call her, though...you want to strike while there's still some initial attraction on her part. If you wait too long, she might not remember who you are.

bd8802
07-11-2005, 10:31 AM
thanks everyone for the advice. it was refreshing to see one of these posts without that many "you are a loser, i am so much more cool than you. why are you asking for advice on a message board".

I'll give her a call today or tomorrow and see how it goes.

thanks again.
/bd

MoreWineII
07-11-2005, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'll give her a call today or tomorrow and let you guys know how it goes.

thanks again.
/bd

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp (I lead a boring life)

gorie
07-11-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Tell me how to get in a girl's pants."

Gorie is very cool and honest so she might be able to help you here, but even she will probably admit that asking girls how to get into other girls' pants is not the right move. Instead, ask boris or Rick Nebiolo.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks, but yeah i'm the last person who should be offering advice on this. i'm clueless when it comes to what normal girls like etc. and i basically have no experience myself. people , places, and phones are scary. i only like poker.

Luke
07-11-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, there's no right answer to this question. All women are different. Unless you can read minds, you'll never know what their expectations are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to put her on a single expectation, you must put her on a range of expectations. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Some girls, usually the ugly ones that don't get lots of attention, want a guy to come after them 100 mph.

Other girls, usually good looking ones who always have guys coming after them, want a little bit of a challenge. They want the guy to like them but don't want someone who has even a hint of desperation.

To the OP, I'd try to classify the object of your interest and proceed accordingly. Good luck...

Luke

HopeydaFish
07-11-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, there's no right answer to this question. All women are different. Unless you can read minds, you'll never know what their expectations are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't try to put her on a single expectation, you must put her on a range of expectations. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's just it...the expectations are usually pretty arbitrary, too. The expectations that they tell you that they have won't necessarily match their "real" expectations, either. Some girls want you to chase after them full-bore, others aren't interested unless you play hard to get and don't call them for days, some girls are flattered if you call back a few times if you don't reach them the first time, others will act like you're a stalker if you call more than once.

And that's just calling them...the first date is a whole other ball of wax. You can screw up early on without even realizing that you screwed up...and it will probably be for something very trivial, or something that is totally out of your control.

I had a female friend who would go on lots of dates through a dating service. She'd very rarely give a guy a second date. The sum of her decision making about their future was whether she "felt a spark" when she'd first see the guy. If she didn't feel a spark, she'd leave the date as quickly as she could. Actually giving the guy a chance and getting to know him didn't factor into her decision-making process at all. She was big into the "love at first sight" thing...which is a total crock IMHO. She was a real dog, too, so she had no business being so picky.

[ QUOTE ]

Some girls, usually the ugly ones that don't get lots of attention, want a guy to come after them 100 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how ugly. The real ugly ones are sometimes the ones that'll chase after the *guy* at 100mph if he shows any interest at all. Those girls are the hardest ones to shake.

[ QUOTE ]

Other girls, usually good looking ones who always have guys coming after them, want a little bit of a challenge. They want the guy to like them but don't want someone who has even a hint of desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of girls want a "strong" guy who will give them space. Sounding desperate is weak and needy. *No* woman who is worth her salt is interested in a needy guy. The only ones who like needy guys are the ones who are needy themselves or the ones who are looking to take advantage of you in some way.

The problem is that a lot guys mistake being "confident" with acting cocky. Most girls don't like arrogant, cocky guys. Arrogant, cocky guys are seen as being insecure, which is worse than being desperate...lol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

To the OP, I'd try to classify the object of your interest and proceed accordingly. Good luck...
Luke

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he should just call her, ask her out for a drink, and then go from there. No need to overthink this. Building this kind of thing up too much is usually a recipe for disaster.

bd8802
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think he should just call her, ask her out for a drink, and then go from there. No need to overthink this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what a few of my female friends told me today, and I going to run with it.

PokerProdigy
07-11-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is money, and most guys just won't understand why. Honestly, this is pimp [censored] and anyone who does not see that is blind. Fluorescenthippo, you know the deal.

P.S. I am not joking or being sarcastic here.

beerbandit
07-11-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Call her in like four weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Tell her you were doing laundry

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you answer the question about doing your laundry every four weeks?

swede123
07-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Hmm...I spilled pudding on my favorite pair of pajamas so I had to expediate the typical 12 week cycle?

Swede

gorie
07-11-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is money, and most guys just won't understand why. Honestly, this is pimp [censored] and anyone who does not see that is blind. Fluorescenthippo, you know the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe for some girls, but i'm pretty sure i'd hang up in the middle of the second sentence. assuming i can make it that far without my eyeballs rolling out onto the floor and then having to hang up to go chase them.

ChipWrecked
07-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Rent 'The Tao of Steve'.

Dex's three points for getting laid:

1. Eliminate desire.
2. Be excellent in her presence.
3. Pull away.

PokerProdigy
07-11-2005, 08:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe for some girls, but i'm pretty sure i'd hang up in the middle of the second sentence. assuming i can make it that far without my eyeballs rolling out onto the floor and then having to hang up to go chase them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand it sounds crazy but stuff like this can work on girls. It's like my boy Vince Vaughn says in Swingers (which everyone was talking about for this post) "Oh common Mikey girls don't go for that nice guy sh*t. If you start talking to them about puppy dogs and ice cream, it's gonna end up on the friendship tip. You think that they don't know what you wanna do? What they respect is honesty, man. You gotta pretend it's like a waste of your time, you're gonna treat em that way eventually." By the way this was NOT a direct quote (rather from memory) so excuse me if it's not exactly what he says, but you get the point. All I am saying is that this can be powerful and sometimes they eat this sh*t up.

cpitt398
07-11-2005, 08:37 PM
A lot of this really depends on what you look like too, and the age/maturity level of the girl involved. When I was younger I was under the impression that the chick either wanted the cack or not, so whatever you say whether clever or outragous was irrelevent as long as you got the ball rolling. I still believe this to be true amoungst youger girls. Hell, I'm still batting 1.000 with "so we gonna make out, or what?". Granted for fear of breaking the streak I use it very sparingly these days.

gorie
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I'm still batting 1.000 with "so we gonna make out, or what?". Granted for fear of breaking the streak I use it very sparingly these days.

[/ QUOTE ]
this would work. the other crap posted above just sounds retarded.

OtisTheMarsupial
07-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Just call her and be normal. Ask her out. Talk about her interests. Easy.

cpitt398
07-11-2005, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hell, I'm still batting 1.000 with "so we gonna make out, or what?". Granted for fear of breaking the streak I use it very sparingly these days.

[/ QUOTE ]
this would work. the other crap posted above just sounds retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe I should start using it again.

ChipWrecked
07-11-2005, 09:41 PM
Sounds like the old story of the guy who got laid a lot telling his loser buddy how he does it.

"I just walk up and say, 'Hey, I like your ass, let's fcuk.'"

"Wow, you must get your face slapped a lot."

"Yeah, but I get a lot of pussy, too."

fluorescenthippo
07-12-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a girl? an attractive girl?

DemonDeac
07-12-2005, 01:00 AM
update?

Lawrence Ng
07-12-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

But because this thread lingers, let me spell it out.

You do this, not because it is psychologically cunning or numerologically sound to do it this way, but because it conveys the right message and it is so simple that even a chimp should be able to pull it off.

You will not long fool a woman into liking you. All this phone call does is say: A) I'm interested in seeing you again; and B) I am not a graceless social tool. Establishing these two facts allows the girl to evaluate you fairly and may permit you to see her and have fun and fall in love and so on and forthing.

Of course there are women who want you to call the next day or are weirded out that you didn't wait six days or that you called at all. Nonetheless, this is the best course for the vast majority of possible worlds, and if you had the kind of read that would make another plan more advisable then you wouldn't be asking the question in the first place.

When you follow this plan, the worst thing that can happen is not bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You write guud.

I'd further like to add that most clinically sane women would prefer a man to wait a couple of days or so before calling them. I emphasize clinically sane here.

Lawrence

vulturesrow
07-12-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just call her and be normal. Ask her out. Talk about her interests. Easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post yet in this thread.

oreogod
07-12-2005, 04:01 AM
Dont know what to say, Ive never really waited 2 days, three days, four days...whatever to call a girl. If she gave me her number without me asking for it I'll call her the next day (if she is attractive), maybe set up a date for whenever. The most Ive ever waited is a day or two. Worked out fine so far.

Every girl Ive talked to about the whole waiting period thinks its a crap idea anyway. IF they gave u their number, and they ARE intrested in you...they dont really want you to wait to call them.

But, the only time I will wait...is say there is this girl, I just run into her in the store, ask her out, we talk 5-10 mins, so there is really no chance to gauge how intrested she really is. Then wait a day or two for sure. But if its a girl uve been talking to for more than a period of an hour and you can tell she is intrested, there is no point to waiting.

But waiting or no waiting, its usually how you handle yourself and what comes out of your mouth that is most important. Every girl likes something different, give her what she's looking for, I find for most, being the right mix of a nice guy and an [censored] is the right way to go = you are a nice guy, but you dont let yourself get pushed around. Also, be confident, not cocky confident, but confident.

oreogod
07-12-2005, 04:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

2 or 3 days! You better hit that [censored] as soon as possible, unless she was geniunly attracted to you, and undrunk, she is not going to be able to place your face to the voice she is speaking to.

If I meet a girl at a bar or club and alcohol is involved, Im screwing her the next night (as if I meet a girl in the bar or club, relationship possibility isnt an issue). If you meet a girl at a coffeshop or store, wait two or three days (unless you got the feeling she likes you, then call her next day or wait 1 day). Anywhere else, and she was sober at the time wait 2 or 3 days. But a drunk bar s!ut, you need to be hitting that by the next night tops.

hotsauce615
07-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Definitely call back within 24 hours. Since it's still early in the week I tend to make up something that isn't happening, like "Yea my friends are renting some bar out for a party if you wanna go", and then the day of just say it got cancelled, and see if she wants to grab a few drinks instead. This always works to help stagger the phone calls with any akwardness. If you got the number on a tuesday or wednesday though you're golden for the weekend. Also when you call make it sound like you're real busy at the time too, because I feel like girls get bugged out when some guy is calling from his basement like a loser.

Freakin
07-12-2005, 10:23 AM
1. Reverse lookup her phone number to get her address
2. Go through her trashcans late at night. Wear a mask
3. Show up without mask and talk about her interests, credit card appications, eating habits, etc.

Freakin

bd8802
07-12-2005, 10:37 AM
I called her yesterday. After consulting with some female friends, they persauded me to not wait the three days (tuesday) and rather call her two days later. They thought that three days sounded to much like a stupid guy formula and worried that she would see it as playing games, but calling the next day was also out of the question.

The call did not go horribly. She did not say "wanna stick it in my pooper" or anything like that, but she did not blow me off either. I live 2.5 hours away. So I could not do the pattented "lets meet at coffee shop X on friday" stuff. Rather I told her I would be in town in a couple weeks and wanted to take her out for a couple drinks or coffee at that time. She agreed. We talked for a few minutes, and told her I had to go run some errands but I would call her again when I knew for sure when I would be in town.

The real acid test is if she picks up the phone on the second call now that she knows my number. This should happen as she picked up the phone this time, and sounded happy to hear my voice. But really, it is no big deal if she doesn't. I will survive.

gorie
07-12-2005, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are a girl? an attractive girl?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, sorry.

cpitt398
07-12-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Reverse lookup her phone number to get her address
2. Go through her trashcans late at night. Wear a mask
3. Show up without mask and talk about her interests, credit card appications, eating habits, etc.

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God for cell phones

pj4533
07-12-2005, 01:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rent 'The Tao of Steve'.

1. Eliminate desire.
3. Pull away.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH

diebitter
07-13-2005, 06:51 AM
PHone at 3am. When it's picked up, say "I was sitting here in my underwear, thinking of you..." and then propose a meeting place.

Best thing is, if it goes on answerphone, this still works!

If she turns up after that, she'll definitely do a turn for you.

I find they usually don't though.

TheCroShow
07-14-2005, 04:20 AM
didn't bother to read the entire thread but i had an interesting situation happen with me about 5-6 months ago...

i met this really attractive girl, we hit it off well, we exchanged numbers and that was that. so i was going to wait the 2 or 3 day window, then i get a call the following night "why didn't you call me? where have you been?" blah blah! haha kinda different, so we talked, became really close and blah blah blah..things turned out very nicely, but i was a little surprised with the call the next night asking why i did not call.

cpitt398
07-14-2005, 05:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
didn't bother to read the entire thread but i had an interesting situation happen with me about 5-6 months ago...

i met this really attractive girl, we hit it off well, we exchanged numbers and that was that. so i was going to wait the 2 or 3 day window, then i get a call the following night "why didn't you call me? where have you been?" blah blah! haha kinda different, so we talked, became really close and blah blah blah..things turned out very nicely, but i was a little surprised with the call the next night asking why i did not call.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would probably scare me more than anything. Another very, very importnt thing that I forgot to mention earlier and an actual reason not to call right away. You are setting precedent within the first few days of calling a girl whether you realize it or not. Never call a girl more than once in a day early in the raltionship. And if she calls you twice in the same day before you called her back, act very suprised/worried.

My old roomate never listened to my advice about this and his girlfriends always called about 8 times a day. My girlfriends never called more than once a day. You've got to test her by not calling back until the next day every once in awhile, and when you do don't say your sorry.

This helps out a lot if you want to bang another girl and not have to worry about your girl calling.

jakethebake
07-14-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rent 'The Tao of Steve'.

1. Eliminate desire.
3. Pull away.

[/ QUOTE ]

TRUTH

[/ QUOTE ]

TheCroShow
07-14-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That would probably scare me more than anything. Another very, very importnt thing that I forgot to mention earlier and an actual reason not to call right away. You are setting precedent within the first few days of calling a girl whether you realize it or not. Never call a girl more than once in a day early in the raltionship. And if she calls you twice in the same day before you called her back, act very suprised/worried.

My old roomate never listened to my advice about this and his girlfriends always called about 8 times a day. My girlfriends never called more than once a day. You've got to test her by not calling back until the next day every once in awhile, and when you do don't say your sorry.

This helps out a lot if you want to bang another girl and not have to worry about your girl calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

aye, that was a little worrisome but the fact that she was smoking hot quickly made me forget about that. if i had a cell phone at the time i'm sure she would have called many many times during the day. soem days i would hang out with a friend after class and come home late, only to get a call later in the evening "where have you been all day?" or heaven forbid there should be a busy signal, then i get "how many xxxxing girlfriends do you have anyway?" of course i was a mofo and said stuff like "geez i dunno, i always lose count."