PDA

View Full Version : What are the odds of this happening

Mike Gallo
02-13-2003, 08:10 PM
This hand took place last night at the final table at the Trop in Atlantic City. I play in a weekly small buy in tournament there on Wednesday nights. I believe fellow 2+2 players play in this tournament.

This hand isnt about how to play a hand, I found this a fascinating hand and thought I would share it. I hope I do not offend the forum police.

We had four players left at the table for this hand. I had $3800 in front of me. The limits were 2000-4000 with the blinds of 1000-2000. The player to my left was the only player I knew. We will call him TJ.

I get red jacks in the cutoff/under the gun. I raise all in. TJ reraises to 6000. TJ had close to another 5000 left in front of him. The big blind folded and the button reraised to 7800 all in. TJ called without hesitating.

We all turned over our hands.
JJ Me
AK T...J
QQ Unknown

The flop cameJQ3. I needed to hit a 45-1 shot in order to win. Oh well, fourth place isnt too bad I thought.

River JQ3 10 and TJ had Broadway. He didnt have the nuts though. The unknown player had out's. 3 10's 3 3's 1 Q. 7 outs. I still could win if I hit the case J. a 45-1 shot.

River JQ310 7. The boat never arrived, neither did my quads. TJ won the hand. He won the the tournament in the next hand.

I found this the most exciting hand I have ever played. After we went all in, whoever had the best seven card hand would win. He flopped a J first. Needless to say, I though I was golden. Then he flopped a Q. The unknown player clapped and screamed. Someone from the crowd reminded the player with the Queens about the deadly 10. Then the dealer peeled off a 3.

After the dealer peeled off a 10 on the turn. The unknown player got a bit loud. TJ just whispered kept "please no pair, please no pair". The unknown yelled for any pair. I do mean yell. Needless to say when a rag flopped on the end he wasnt too thrilled.

I hoped anyone who actually read through this story enjoyed it. Thanks for reading my babble. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

Clarkmeister
02-13-2003, 11:46 PM
At least you weren't the guy with QQ. That would have sucked. Hard to get pissed with JJ there considering you had so much the worst of it going in.

Mike Gallo
02-14-2003, 09:06 AM
I did not get pissed at all. I made the money, and fourth place paid pretty well.

I have never gotten involved in a hand that developed like that. Once everyone showed their hands, I knew I lost.

It doesnt mean I didnt enjoy myself.

MG

tewall
02-14-2003, 05:05 PM
I didn't understand your description of the flop. The flop wasn't turned over all at once? Maybe you just meant you saw the J first, but it sounded like you were saying the cards were flipped one at a time.

Homer
02-14-2003, 05:20 PM
I think he meant that the J was the top card, so it was the first card he saw before the cards were spread out...

Mike Gallo
02-14-2003, 05:30 PM
I think he meant that the J was the top card, so it was the first card he saw before the cards were spread out...

Exactly, for a split second I had the lead. Then I didn't /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

MG