PDA

View Full Version : JJ early, standard or weak-tight?

qbler
07-10-2005, 05:33 PM
This hand took place during the first level of a pstars single table sit'n go. I've only seen villain play one hand so far, raising AQ suited from MP and slowplaying a ragged Q high flop. On this hand villain opened from MP for 5 times BB. I raised to 11 times BB with JJ from the button, he immediately came over the top all in and I folded. I put him on no worse than 99 or 1010, and more likely either AK or something that had me completely dominated (QQ-AA). Even if he did hold AK, I didn't really want to race so early in the tourney for all my chips. Standard fold? Too tight? Better to just call his preflop raise rather than reraise?

spentrent
07-10-2005, 05:37 PM
If chips counts are what I can only imagine them to be, then you probably made a good fold.

Do a search for Scuba Chuck's post entitled "What is a hand?"

MagnoliasFM
07-10-2005, 06:14 PM
What did you expect him to do after he raised 5BB and you reraised to 11BB? Just call? Fold? Your hand is too good for bluffing and too bad to call an all-in so why'd you raise.

qbler
07-10-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What did you expect him to do after he raised 5BB and you reraised to 11BB? Just call? Fold? Your hand is too good for bluffing and too bad to call an all-in so why'd you raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kinda what I've been thinking too. I think it was a combination of wanting to be sure that we were isolated (3 or 4 people still left to act after me including blinds) and wanting to take control and be the primary aggressor in the hand. But given the ammount he had already raised, I'm not sure what I expected him to do other than come right back after me. Oh well. I won the tourney at least.