PDA

View Full Version : Say HELLOOOO!!!!

Insomnia
07-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Hey everybody!
I have been reading this forum for a couple of months now and i have just started my own party poker account! I am very excited, poker is one of my favorite things to play.
I know a good deal about the game, but i would appreciate if someone woudl be willing to look through 1 or 2 of my tournament games, and tell me how my play is so i can have an idea where i stand. Any programs etc that could help my game(or should i not since the recent resistance to programs from party?). Also when shoudl i move up to 2 tables, and how big of a sample size do i need to look at "real" numbers?
Thanks to everyone in this forum for all of their help.
~inso

runner4life7
07-10-2005, 07:35 PM
play at least 500 if you want a sort of good number for your ROI, 1000 is better. Move up to 2 tables whenever you are comfortable and dont feel rushed.

gildwulf
07-10-2005, 08:50 PM
Welcome. Check out Citanul's FAQ, Shadow's post list, Hood's SNG tracker, the June 2.0 digest and the SNG wiki...that should get you started.

Insomnia
07-10-2005, 08:58 PM
Is hoods sng tracker a good way to keep track of my stats? I really dont wanna get a warning from party.

gildwulf
07-10-2005, 09:02 PM
sng.pokercomment.com

hood's app does nothing but keep track of your own stats...no worries from party...and it's the best tracker for SNGs I currently know of...

Slim Pickens
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
It is vital to track your stats. Stert out by buying Poker Tracker and using either Hood's tracker or the spreadsheet.

SlimP

handsome
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
HELLOOOO

tminus
07-10-2005, 11:22 PM
sure man, click on my name and send me a private email and id be happy to look at some of your hands

dont post a whole game here, its bad form

bluewilde
07-10-2005, 11:33 PM
All the recent worry relates to Poker Prophecy, a program that displays players' win/loss percentages during play. This is the only program you really need to worry about. Everything else refered to on these forums is either a tool to help with mathematical analysis or a program that helps you track your performance; they're all legit and Party shouldn't give you a problem. Just avoid Poker Prophecy.