PDA

View Full Version : Let's hear it (Here! Here!) for poker babe (aka)~

09-28-2001, 01:00 AM
I have posted on this forum for quite some time now. Maybe 3 years. In that time there have been only a handful of women that have graced these wired message boards. There was a love of mine, even though I've never met her, Lady Gambler. I loved it when she would post. She was always pleasant to read and added a lot to the discussion at hand. Dianne from GB was another of my must read female posters. She would try her best to keep us updated on poker goings on at various locations in mid America. Alas for reasons of thier own they just stopped posting. I miss Dianne but I really miss Lady Gambler.

Now, we have two female regular posters that I am aware of. One, a very special lady, Mary, who is a bonafide heroine doesn't post often enough. When she does we get a good glimpse of how a female approaches the game. Just like a man. That is, they, females, that think about the game want to play the best they can and they want to win just as much as any guy does. Mary shows that in poker the sexes can be equals. Please do not misconstrue my statement. No one should infer from my statement that I find one sex superior to the other. I am referring to poker and poker only. Mary approaches the game in a logical manner even though she has to put up with John Cole. Sorry, Mary.

The other female poster that now regurarly posts here is poker babe (aka). I have read all of her posts here on the Everything Vince forum and some of her other posts on other 2 + 2 forums. She is great. She let's it all hang out. She put's forth her ideas without fear of criticism from some of the bozo's that post here. Your's truly included. She takes criticism as easy as anyone. She replies appropriately. She fits in well with the tough group of poker players that also reguraly post on these forums. Is she a better read that others here? No. As good as some others? Maybe, yeah, sure.

But why does she warrant a "Let's here it for poker babe"? Just because she's a women? Well, yes, sort of and ... no not sort of ... well yes it is enough. Here! Here! to the this lady that posts here. Because, she is a lady that's enough. But because she is a lady that can talk poker and does it here is more than enough. Here! Here! poker babe (aka). Please join in!

vince

09-28-2001, 10:11 AM
Bring on the Ladies! Boy, do I just LOVE girls! And I especially love it when they play poker! And when they talk poker well! Poker babe does talk some great poker too, keep up the good work! And bring your girlfriends!

09-28-2001, 08:04 PM
Vince and Dave-- The "Babe" is blushing! Thanks for being so supportive and kind. I have learned much from our forum, but the most important thing I've learned is that there is nothing in the world which can match friendship and respect for others. God knows, this is really true in the poker world. From my first post on this forum, I felt welcome. This forum is now part of my daily reading and I enjoy it tremendously.

As for other poker babes, I am glad we are so few and far between. This way, I get extra attention and help from all the men who love to tell women what to do (and how to play hands)!! I have learned so much by listening to my male poker pals -- they are constantly helping to make me a better player. Of course, some men don't like this......

I know that Vince and Dave love women, because they love people and they love themselves. They are not threatened by the babe players out there (but maybe they should be?) and are never condesending or nasty toward us. Only someone who is self confident can accept taking a "beat" by a babe. I know Dave (who is a little kinky) would probably love a beat(ing) by a babe (ha) and I think Vince would just shake his head and say "nice hand", girlfriend! I look forward to our continued communications. Now go out there and win some money so you can come to visit me in Vegas! XXOO "Babe" (aka).

09-28-2001, 11:07 PM
Vince,

Do you realize that I may have never met you unless it was for Diane B! Last year at the Orleans Open she introduced me to Greg Raymer (Fossilman). Then when I was playing an Omaha 8B tournament Greg was sitting at my table and introduced me to you! Amazing. Then you introduced me to Oz. Yes, the legend in his own time, David Sklansky.

On a trip earlier last year, Diane invited me for lunch with Mason Malmuth and a bunch of well know other poker personalities. It's been a lot of fun Vince and I hope that I meet you again with other 2+2 posters.

Good Luck

Mark

09-28-2001, 11:19 PM
To vince L. I know who the poker babe is, and she is an inpiration to us all at the Bellagio. My congratulations to you for seeing that she is a true lady.

09-30-2001, 01:17 PM

09-30-2001, 07:19 PM
Mark:

I found your post amazing. You see Diane has put up many insults towards me on RGP. Apparently she didn't like it when we questioned a couple of her posts because they read like blantant ads about how wonderful a certain poker site was. (I understand that that site is now out of business.) And now I find out that she was inviting people to a lunch at The Mirage Buffet because I would show up. (She also has posted that I was rude to everyone at the lunch and wouldn't talk to anyone.) An interesting note is that I read recently that she doesn't like to post on RGP because of all the insults.

By the way, I'm sure I'll hear it from some of you about this post of mine, but I couldn't resist. I actually hope Diane comes back to these forums, but without the ads.

Best wishes,

Mason

10-01-2001, 10:27 AM
"I know that Vince and Dave love women, because they love people and they love themselves. They are not threatened by the babe players out there (but maybe they should be?) and are never condesending or nasty toward us. Only someone who is self confident can accept taking a "beat" by a babe. I know Dave (who is a little kinky) would probably love a beat(ing) by a babe ..."

Hmmmmm...

Vince and I love people. No arguement there.

Vince and I love ourselves. Yes. True. Perhaps to a fault. After all. I am an expert. At everything. Self-proclaimed. Just ask me. And I know Vince is an expert too.

Vince and I love women. How true. I would gladly climb mount everest for several different women in the world today. And I hate the cold, and high altitude. I tell all my favorite ladies the same thing... Oh, Tell me who to smite, and they shall be smoten! :-)

As for my taking (or wanting) a beating... Boy, do I LOVE girls. And I am pretty flamboyant at times, especially at my favorite club (clubsabbat.net, my photos are there, see staff, security, special team, Dave and Rick with Dita, amoungst others in the "patrons" section). Do I REALLY want a beating though? Well... I am really the sensuous type, but never say never...

Dave in Cali

10-01-2001, 10:35 AM
"She also has posted that I was rude to everyone at the lunch and wouldn't talk to anyone"

Since I have been at a "conference lunch" of sorts with Mason, I find this particular comment very hard to believe. Although if you ask around, you get various opinions on "what to expect" from Mason, I decided to just see for myself. You see, I have learned something very important. NEVER listen to ANYONE'S press, whether that be good or bad. Instead, discover for yourself what the "real" Mason (or whomever) is really like. I didn't know what to expect from Mason, so I took a novel approach to the lunch discussion session. I simply treated him like a REAL PERSON, and he did the same for me. It went fine, nothing at all bad to report. Those who haven't tried this approach should give it a whirl....

Dave in Cali

And Mason, what, YOU, Stirring the Beans? Couldn't resist, could you! It's OK, I myself have been known to stir the beans once in a while too.... Keep up the good work!

10-01-2001, 10:38 AM
I would love to meet you next time I come to vegas, which should be in a month or so. Email me....

Dave in Cali

10-01-2001, 07:50 PM
Mason,

It was almost two years ago at the last Carnavale of Poker at Harrah's, but I remember the lunch at the Mirage and what we had conversed about. I was sitting on your right, waring my cowboy hat, across the table from us was Donna Harris and Mike Sexton.

There were some other people there that I did not know, and Diane B. and Jan Fisher. Anyway, I do remember the story that you told us about how Ray Zee plays pocket aces against rich Texans, and why Ray does not come to Vegas anymore. Mike was just filing us in on the tournament. Lastly, I believe we talked about No-Limit and Limit Hold'em tournaments.

You can see I thought it was a pleasent experience. I'll vouch for your character at this lunch as being pleasent.

A lot of time has passed since then. The last e-mail I sent to Diane was before I went to the Reno tournament at the beginning of this year. I have not heard from her anymore.

All I can say it was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else from this forum.

Good Luck

Mark

10-01-2001, 11:20 PM
Mark:

Thanks for the comments. If you ever get a chance why don't you mention this to Diane since she has made several posts on the RGP forum stating just the opposite.

Best wishes,

Mason

10-02-2001, 04:13 PM
"...I do remember the story that you told us about how Ray Zee plays pocket aces against rich Texans, and why Ray does not come to Vegas anymore..."

Mike, please share it with us. Mason and Ray will not protest, I think.

Zbych,

10-03-2001, 06:27 PM
Zbych,

Ray does not come to Vegas due to the Smokers. As for the story with Aces, you're going to have to have Mason or Ray tell it, because I don't think I could tell it as well as Mason had.

10-08-2001, 12:51 AM
Vince,

Thanks for the mrntion in your tribute. Also thanks for realizing John is no angel.

Played Saturday 10-6. What a game! Flopped a set of queens not once, but twice, and not once,but twice got turned (not rivered) by sets of aces. Don't you just love it when you raise in all the right places and the winning hand never once raises you? I was so disgusted that I dropped down to 4-8 and believe it or not had a very pleasant time. The guys just don't expect check raises from women. (It really helps if you sit there and look dumb!) Is this taking unfair advantage? I think not. You use everything you have when you play and if men fall for the same traps time and again I'll keep trying to set them. Placed 12th in hold'em tournament. Could of done better but I got

tired and lost concentration. Oh well.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon,

Mary