PDA

View Full Version : Another 20+2 hand

Sabrazack
07-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Lately i have been loosing alot of money in these tournaments and therefor have begun doubting my ability to beat them. This is a hand where i am really unsure what to do. I will post reasoning and results later.

#Game No : 2342058951
***** Hand History for Game 2342058951 *****
NL Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Trny:13818650 Level:2 Blinds(15/30) - Sunday, July 10, 16:29:42 EDT 2005
Table Table 14523 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 6: DiomandJack ( $1225 )
Seat 9: HERO ( $775 )
Seat 5: fasterspeed ( $1305 )
Seat 4: Lawaygo ( $1710 )
Seat 7: ChipsNDrinks ( $1220 )
Seat 10: dmac1017 ( $605 )
Seat 1: scsuross8 ( $1160 )
Trny:13818650 Level:2
Blinds(15/30)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [ Qs Ah ]
HERO calls [30].
dmac1017 folds.
scsuross8 folds.
Lawaygo calls [30].
fasterspeed folds.
DiomandJack calls [15].
ChipsNDrinks checks.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4d, Qc, 6h ]
DiomandJack checks.
ChipsNDrinks bets [100].
HERO ??

suited_ace
07-10-2005, 04:54 PM
The BB betting so hard into so many players is something that would worry me, but I don't think you can flat call in this spot. I'd raise to isolate the BB. You have position on him, so take advantage of it.

The fact that this is a $22 should also be taken in consideration. How did he get his chips? Is he a solid player?

There are a lot of donkeys in the $22s that will bet TPWK OOP with everyone and their cousins still to act, and if you feel that BB is one of them you can play the rest of the hand very aggressively.

Sabrazack
07-10-2005, 04:57 PM
The problem is i dont have these kinds of reads multitabling. So i simply have to play according to some "average opponent" until i pick something out of the ordinary up. I have seen people get all in on flops with TPWK in these tours before so i have a hard time folding TPTK.

MagnoliasFM
07-10-2005, 05:48 PM
Your biggest mistake was calling before the flop UTG with AQ. Definitely a leak. But anyways, after that flop after the BB bets 100 the only correct move for you is all-in. Most of the time you will get called by Q-x.

curtains
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Well you must raise. I'd raise to about 250-300, but allin is fine too.

curtains
07-10-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your biggest mistake was calling before the flop UTG with AQ. Definitely a leak. But anyways, after that flop after the BB bets 100 the only correct move for you is all-in. Most of the time you will get called by Q-x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping with AQo isnt terrible by any means here.

curtains
07-10-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The BB betting so hard into so many players is something that would worry me, but I don't think you can flat call in this spot. I'd raise to isolate the BB. You have position on him, so take advantage of it.

The fact that this is a $22 should also be taken in consideration. How did he get his chips? Is he a solid player?

There are a lot of donkeys in the $22s that will bet TPWK OOP with everyone and their cousins still to act, and if you feel that BB is one of them you can play the rest of the hand very aggressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your hand is the nuts here, there is absolutely no action that could make you fold after the BB bets 100 chips. You cannot be worried that someone has a better hand than you here. All your money will be in on the flop or the turn.

Freudian
07-10-2005, 06:19 PM
I'd raise to 250. Without a strong read I would call an all-in re-raise.

MagnoliasFM
07-10-2005, 06:23 PM
I fold AQ 100% of the time at this early level because of the enormous liability it has. When I flop a top pair hand and get it all in, many times I will lose to two pair or a set. I'm really only interested in getting it all in at this stage due to reasons that would take a huge post to explain. If you had position it'd be entirely different. At $22, I am opening UTG with AK for all-in 100% of the time and folding AQ 100% of the time.

lastchance
07-10-2005, 06:25 PM
I think you can drop if someone raises all-in and another person calls.

I think Calling and getting your money in on the turn is good. Raise to 250, raise to all-in.

Just figure out how to extract the most chips here. I think that's raise to 250.

gildwulf
07-10-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, this is not a leak...If you can limp with 44 at 20s to make set value you can limp with AQ to make TP vs. donks. It also depends on the texture of the table (which he doesn't know). There's nothing wrong with folding AQ this early but it's not a leak. A9 is a leak, JT is a leak but AQ is not a leak by any means as long as you fold to a large reraise and get out if you miss the flop.

niquewon
07-10-2005, 06:31 PM
You're in a pretty tough situation here since you didn't raise preflop and have no information about what the BB could be holding. Given the bet here I doubt that you're up against a set and are most likely up against two pair or a hand like KQ or QJ. Given the blinds I'd probably fold here since there just isn't enough in the pot to risk your stack. If you're going to play this hand I'd raise preflop so you can eliminate junk hands like Q4, Q6 and 64 from getting a chance to see the flop.

2callzU
07-10-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At $22, I am opening UTG with AK for all-in 100% of the time

[/ QUOTE ] on level 2? I think a 3-5x raise would be more suitable. I mean I understand the vulnerability of being UTG but that's still weird, on level 2 anyways. Nothing but bread crumbs in the pot, so where is the value. Now from the BB with several limpers..that's the perfect time for this play IMO. My thoughts, peace.

microbet
07-10-2005, 06:41 PM
The flop is a very easy raise.

Preflop is harder though. I can see folding, calling or raising.

If I thought limping was likely to get the 3 folds you got, I would probably do that.

suited_ace
07-10-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am opening UTG with AK for all-in 100% of the time and folding AQ 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oy vey... You just lost any credibility you might have had so far with this one. This has to be a joke.

suited_ace
07-10-2005, 07:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The problem is i dont have these kinds of reads multitabling. So i simply have to play according to some "average opponent" until i pick something out of the ordinary up. I have seen people get all in on flops with TPWK in these tours before so i have a hard time folding TPTK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I get the picture. Without a read I'd raise the flop and consider folding only if a 3rd player re-raises. If it's just you and BB on the turn, find a way of getting all your chips in the middle.

Sabrazack
07-11-2005, 04:32 AM
Thanks for all the good replies. I did indeed reraise to 300, he pushed and i called. He had 4-6 and busted me. At least i had quite a few outs /images/graemlins/cool.gif

curtains
07-11-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I fold AQ 100% of the time at this early level because of the enormous liability it has. When I flop a top pair hand and get it all in, many times I will lose to two pair or a set. I'm really only interested in getting it all in at this stage due to reasons that would take a huge post to explain. If you had position it'd be entirely different. At $22, I am opening UTG with AK for all-in 100% of the time and folding AQ 100% of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was terrible to fold it either. But its definitely not terrible to call, especially since your opponents are huge idiots and if you play well, you have very good chances of learning to recognize when your top pair is good.

Again folding is fine, calling is fine, raising is fine too.

curtains
07-11-2005, 04:53 AM
BTW since I now realize it was 7 handed, I raise to 80-90 there 100% of the time. No way I limp first to act 7 handed and no way I fold AQo first to act here.