PDA

View Full Version : 55s competition

Jay36489
07-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Can anyone experienced in the 55s give me an idea about the players. I play sets of two, and one thing I have noticed is there are a ton of multitablers. It seems every set I do has at least 1 or 2 people on both tables. I was a bit hesitant to play against these people at first, but the more I notice is that they either suck, or are weak tight. I don't get how bad players can afford to play two at a time. Am i just understimating these people or do they just survive off the really bad players?

MagnoliasFM
07-10-2005, 05:58 PM
They're a little better than 33 players and a little worse than 109 players.

citanul
07-10-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get how bad players can afford to play two at a time. Am i just understimating these people or do they just survive off the really bad players?

[/ QUOTE ]

well, beyond anything else, you should remember that some people just have some money they can blow while sucking at poker, and aren't excited by the concept of playing for the minimum stakes available. that's where the people who lose at high stakes come from. they aren't all people who have worked their way up and can beat every level lower than the one they are currently playing at.

don't be fooled though by looking at 10 games and seeing someone bust out while multitabling 3 times or something. that's just plain old stupid.

citanul

Jay36489
07-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the responses. You make some good points citanul. I guess I underestimate how much discretional income people are willing to waste playing poker.