PDA

View Full Version : Overaggression in bubble or bad luck?

jenium
07-10-2005, 01:31 PM
Any thoughts on this hand welcome.
Excuse the format, I'm having trouble with hand converter...

Seat 3: GEDDYLEERULZ (1516)
Seat 4: huntmich (390)
Seat 6: ScottCoffee (3036)
Seat 9: jenium (3058)
ScottCoffee posts small blind (100)
jenium posts big blind (200)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to jenium [ Jh, Kh ]
GEDDYLEERULZ folds.
huntmich folds.
ScottCoffee raises (600) to 700
jenium calls (500)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 7h, 6c, Jd ]
ScottCoffee checks.
jenium bets (800)
ScottCoffee raises (2336) to 2336
ScottCoffee is all-In.
jenium calls (1536)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 8s ]
** Dealing River ** : [ 8c ]
Creating Main Pot with $6072 with ScottCoffee
** Summary **
Main Pot: 6072 |
Board: [ 7h 6c Jd 8s 8c ]
GEDDYLEERULZ balance 1516, didn't bet (folded)
huntmich balance 390, didn't bet (folded)
ScottCoffee balance 6072, bet 3036, collected 6072, net +3036 [ Ac Ah ] [ two pairs, aces and eights -- Ac,Ah,Jd,8s,8c ]
jenium balance 22, lost 3036 [ Jh Kh ] [ two pairs, jacks and eights -- Kh,Jh,Jd,8s,8c ]

I figure KJs is a monster hand in a blind battle and also thought that the SB would put in a raise with a wide range of hands to take advantage of the bubble. (I certainly would if i were him) I decided going all in was too much, and that i'd try to take the pot away from him after the flop, especially if i hit it. Of course my play ended in disaster, but im not sure if i was just unlucky that
a. he was dealt AA from SB
and
b. I hit a Jack

Or if i should really chill here and wait for Mr.400 to bust.
In that case, should i give up preflop or admit that i lose the "chicken-game" after he goes all in after the flop?

curtains
07-11-2005, 05:01 AM
Unbelievable, no one responds to my sister!

Anyway, I'd either fold here or move allin. I'd probably move allin as your hand is very strong and your opponent most of the time will fold all but the best hands. Even if they don't, youll suck out on them sometimes.

I hate flat calling. You have more than enough folding equity preflop. I'd rather fold than calling, and have really no problem at all with simply folding here.

Also if you do lose the hand, you have a higher chance to make the top 3 than you might think /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mr_J
07-11-2005, 05:12 AM
Answer won't be as good as curtains but with no reads this is a preflop fold for me. In this situation I wouldn't usually be willing to go to war the the other big stack. With the size of the blinds my calling range will be pretty tight, I'd prefer to just gain chips by utilizing my FE preflop vs the medium and other large stack.

To push back at him preflop I'd need a pretty good feeling that he's not willing to race.

Messy_Jesse
07-11-2005, 05:14 AM
I had a problem with these type of hands for awhile- they are tricky and tempting, but the best thing to do is fold, because....

1) With only king high, you are setting yourself up for a chance to be busted when there is a ministack. Surely there will be more and less-dangerous opportunities to take your opponents' stacks later on.

2) As you saw, if your opponent does have a monster, you're setting yourself up to hand over your entire stack.#

There have been way too many SNGs where I've bubbled as a bigstack as a result of just the same play. There really isnt any hurry to get it over with.

Sabrazack
07-11-2005, 05:16 AM
Some times the raise from the SB is actually a real hand. You dont want to risk bursting here with 1 guy down to 2BB:s. Im folding here everytime VS the other big stack. Im going to need a pretty strong hand to play here, and i don't think KJ is quite up to the standard.

curtains
07-11-2005, 05:33 AM
Of course they could have a real hand, but dont forget they are often just as scared as you to come in 4th place. Anyway I think it depends on your feel......raising or folding should both be fine depending on the circumstances.

tigerite
07-11-2005, 06:03 AM
900 in the pot preflop, a guy who has <2BB, and huge fold equity. I push it preflop, get called by AA, and lose.