PDA

View Full Version : I 3-bet checkraise. How's my line?

Felipe
07-10-2005, 01:09 PM
I"m in SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

3 players limp, cutoff raises, 7 players call and take the flop.

4/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero Checks, someone in EP bets, cutoff again raises, button folds, I call, BB calls, rest call.

5 players take the turn.

4/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, EP bets again, 1 call, cutoff raises again, Hero raises, BB folds, the rest all call.

4/images/graemlins/club.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif FVCK!

Hero bets, 2 call, cutoff raises, all call (except MP)

MHINFG

shadow29
07-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I bet out the flop and just call COs raise (so as not to force the field to call 2 cold).

I would have just bet out the turn again. You're not sure if EP will bet again. What is most likely is that CO will bet and you'll face the field with 2. Not good.

River is fine.

Felipe
07-10-2005, 01:25 PM
This table was TOO loose passive. It was no fold'em hold'em at its FINEST. I was (theoretically) winning because of their many mistakes, just my bankroll wasn't showing it (yet). On the turn I was confident cutoff would bet again, showing so much strength on every street. Plus, I knew they would call all my bets and raises, but I thought on the river they would either check through, or not call 2 cold, so I bet.

TomBrooks
07-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Not a bad line, I think. The 2nd nut flush will hold up probably about 80% of the time here. (Guesstimate)

An alternate I like a little better because there are so many opponents in this hand, the pot is already big on the flop, and you hold an overcard, is to check-3bet the flop, hoping to fold the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif if it's out there and he only has a backdoor draw and to buy outs for your King by folding any other Ace.

bozlax
07-10-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm not thrilled with the preflop "coldcall." Once you're in the hand, tho, it looks like you handled it well.

Greg J
07-10-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not thrilled with the preflop "coldcall." Once you're in the hand, tho, it looks like you handled it well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. I make this in the big blind, and will often semi cold call Axs in the SB. Small leak, not a large one.

bottomset
07-10-2005, 02:59 PM
I'd lead the flop

bet/3bet the turn