PDA

View Full Version : 77 with flush draw on flop

jmgurgeh
07-10-2005, 12:27 PM
Button is known to raise his open-enders, which may also mean he'll raise flush draws. BB and UTG are both loose-passives. I think I may have the best hand, and I might be on a weak flush draw vs. a straight draw. Then again, my FD is weak. Comments on all streets are appreciated.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB folds.

River: (10.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB

newfant
07-10-2005, 01:02 PM
I might check that river as you are as likely to be ahead as behind.

lionhorse
07-10-2005, 01:06 PM
Given button's aggressive play of draws, the 3-bet on the flop is good. I'm trying to work out what button would have to call on the river - a smaller flush?

Turn &amp; river are fine imo. Does anyone fold to a river raise?

jmgurgeh
07-10-2005, 01:20 PM
My original thinking was that I'm going to call, I might as well bet the river. Getting raised there does suck, but I think he pays off with a smaller flush or with one or two pair. This is micro-limit at Party, remember.

That said, I still think my river play is questionable.

shadow29
07-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Looks good.

teajay
07-10-2005, 01:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone fold to a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Hell, I'd consider three betting a river raise. Especially against a bad player. The raise could be a bluff raise, and even more often will be a set of kings.

I would think you get raised here often enough by someone without a flush.

I've been known to be a touch aggresive though.

xLukex
07-10-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My original thinking was that I'm going to call, I might as well bet the river. Getting raised there does suck, but I think he pays off with a smaller flush or with one or two pair. This is micro-limit at Party, remember.

That said, I still think my river play is questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter what limit that is, I highly doubt anyone will limp with &lt;6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and then call down to the river.

I will check/fold every time without a solid read.

shadow29
07-10-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will check/fold every time without a solid read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible.

Nick C
07-10-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone fold to a river raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely not. Hell, I'd consider three betting a river raise. Especially against a bad player. The raise could be a bluff raise, and even more often will be a set of kings.

I would think you get raised here often enough by someone without a flush.

I've been known to be a touch aggresive though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Button might raise the flop with a king and no other piece of the flop, but it's not my first thought.

Also, 3-betting a bluff-raise in theory should be pointless, since you wouldn't expect Villain to call with a bluff. But sometimes people do raise as a bluff with a very marginal hand they want to show down and then call.

All the same, I think a river 3-bet in this hand would be very reckless.

Nick C
07-10-2005, 03:49 PM
Heads-up, I don't think I'd 3-bet the flop, as you could easily be behind and are not a favorite over a hand like A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. With the third player in, I still might not 3-bet, but the play does have its potential advantages. For instance, BB might do something puzzling like cold-call on the flop and then fold to one more when a king hits on the turn.