PDA

View Full Version : Bob Marley suggestions. . .

The Stranger
07-10-2005, 12:26 PM
The other night I was talking to a friend about how I've been going through a period of time where my brain just isn't firing right, and I'm having trouble with basic tasks taking care of myself, like sleeping, and eating and whatnot. He knows that my favorite musician is Johnny Cash. So he suggested to lay off the Johnny Cash and listen to some Bob Marley.

Cash = Pills, booze, guns, heartbreak
Marley = Peace, God, love

So I already own the "Legend: Best of" and "Rebel Music" discs. Anyone have further suggestions, maybe deeper into his catalogue?

Here's what I found right quick on iTunes:

http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/5713/bob2au.jpg

gunt
07-10-2005, 12:34 PM
rastaman vibration
survival
rebel music
natty dread
talkin blues
these are some of his best albums... better than legend, IMO.

Luv2DriveTT
07-10-2005, 12:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really true, Marley is realy about revolution when you get to the heart of his songs.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

The Stranger
07-10-2005, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really true, Marley is realy about revolution when you get to the heart of his songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that any of his many love songs have anything to do with revolution. But what do I know?

The Stranger
07-10-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
rastaman vibration
survival
rebel music
natty dread
talkin blues
these are some of his best albums... better than legend, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

like I said, I already have Rebel Music.

Please suggest one. I would like to buy all of those, but I don't want to spend that much right now.

Luv2DriveTT
07-10-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that any of his many love songs have anything to do with revolution. But what do I know?

[/ QUOTE ]

One Love - a revolutionary love song, about acting together as one to solve the common problem.

The Stranger
07-10-2005, 12:55 PM
what about like "Is this Love?"

gunt
07-10-2005, 01:13 PM
rastaman vibration

tdarko
07-10-2005, 01:32 PM
you have all the hits with legend, my suggestion is to buy catch a fire, his best album IMO.

PatJ
07-10-2005, 02:47 PM
RIght now (sunday 11:45 western time) I'm listening to an online radio program called Brunch with Bob and Friends. It's on every sunday from 10-12 on fm949sd.com - a local san diego station. It's a good way to check out a much more diverse selection of bob songs.

balkii
07-10-2005, 03:47 PM
http://web.tiscali.it/xaymaca/_jpg/Natty%20Dread.jpg

raisins
07-10-2005, 05:22 PM
I like Bob Marley vs. Lee Perry. It's his early stuff with the Wailers, great album. It's listed on Amazon as 1970-1971: Best of the Upsetter Years. A recording that you can pick up cheap and which has some really good and not very well known songs but also not the best recording quality is Mellow Mood. From the major studio releases Kaya is my favorite.

ChipWrecked
07-10-2005, 07:40 PM
The live album 'Babylon by Bus' if it's still around.

cwsiggy
07-11-2005, 06:14 PM
The problem with owning Legend is you own a piece of many of his albums. Either get the first one or spring for the box set.